JD110TLB Build & Price

/ JD110TLB Build & Price #1  

AKKubota

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I'm considering a JD110 w/ 4:1 bucket, BH W/ thumb and post manufacture but dealer installed TnT 3pt. The BH would have QR buckets and I'm not certain what's on it now. First of all, what valve set up should I get to ensure max capabilities for this rig into the future? The dealer was talking about plumbing off the power beyond for the rear valves.

And what would be a good price for this whole set up? This would be in the Pacific NW area.

/ JD110TLB Build & Price #2  
I'm considering a JD110 w/ 4:1 bucket, BH W/ thumb and post manufacture but dealer installed TnT 3pt. The BH would have QR buckets and I'm not certain what's on it now. First of all, what valve set up should I get to ensure max capabilities for this rig into the future? The dealer was talking about plumbing off the power beyond for the rear valves.

And what would be a good price for this whole set up? This would be in the Pacific NW area.

OK... let's see. The configuration that you're considering will require the maximum number of hydraulic options that are available on the JD 110.

If you spend some time (I spent ALOT of time) on the JD website with the "Build Your Own" configurator, you'll have a much better understanding of how/what options go together on the tractor as well as a beginning point in the buying process for price.

Short story - with the 3rd SCV on loader (for the 4n1) and the (3) SCV's needed for the Top n Tilt - that's referred to as Six hyd functions. Although, to utilize the TnT you'll have an electric diverter on the joystick that switches back and forth between the loader and the TnT.

Nonetheless, if you also want the hyd thumb - that's what's called the 7th hyd function. The thumb is ONLY available with the Q/A bucket on the hoe. Not available with a pin-on bucket.

Not sure what you (or dealer) is referring to as "post manufacture". However, the thumb on my machine was installed by the dealer - not at the factory. Maybe, that's "post manufacture"....

The SCV's DO NOT route off of the Power Beyond circuit per se. Certainly, they all co-exist within the "open center hydraulic system" and the flow goes through the individual valve bodies but you (or dealer) would not plumb the rear SCV's off the PB circuit.
The PB connection (for the hoe) is located at the rear of the machine just opposite the TnT connectors.

Drop me a PM if you'd like. Happy to share what info I have.

AKfish

/ JD110TLB Build & Price #3  
I would not recommend using the power beyond for the extra circuits on this machine. AS AKfish mentioned also, go with the electric diverter valve setup which provides three front and three rear circuits, all conveniently operated by switches on the joystick. The top and tilt kit works well and doesn't seem to leak down very much. The seven function hoe is what you need for a thumb.

I don't think it has changed any but the optional hydraulics need to be ordered when the machine is built, there is no field installation version. I would not go with a post build on this machine As much as these machines cost I would get it right the first time with a factory build that includes all the hydraulic options. That is what I did including the top n tilt setup and have been very pleased with it.

Since you are in AK consider the Laurin Eclipse cab this was one of the biggest decisions I had to make and it has worked out very well too.

/ JD110TLB Build & Price
Guys - thx. This machine will be used in Washington state. The delaer has this mahcine in stock, but it not equip'd with TnT from the factory. I figured since i was getting this one new, I would rig it "just right," which would include TnT and a hydro thumb. The BH has the plumbing for the thumb from the factory,which makes sense with what you guys are saying bcs it has a QR bucket etc. The TnT - the dealer would install. The sales guy started describing what sounds like set up that's more of a custom job than what would be installed from the factory. I really like factory "engineered" setups. He threw out a price of around $41K complete with all above. I ran the configure and came up with about 5K more at full retail. I'm guessing they could do better?

/ JD110TLB Build & Price #5  
Guys - thx. This machine will be used in Washington state. The delaer has this mahcine in stock, but it not equip'd with TnT from the factory. I figured since i was getting this one new, I would rig it "just right," which would include TnT and a hydro thumb. The BH has the plumbing for the thumb from the factory,which makes sense with what you guys are saying bcs it has a QR bucket etc. The TnT - the dealer would install. The sales guy started describing what sounds like set up that's more of a custom job than what would be installed from the factory. I really like factory "engineered" setups. He threw out a price of around $41K complete with all above. I ran the configure and came up with about 5K more at full retail. I'm guessing they could do better?

Running the configurator with full hydraulics, R4 tires, 7 function hoe, hydraulic thumb, 18" qa bucket, 72" hd bucket, rear worklights, rubber street pads, stabilzer cylinder guards, came to $55,319 msrp. Should be able to get about 20% off and buy for $44,000 to $46,000.

I wouldn't want a custom model as there is so little space to mount everything in and on.

/ JD110TLB Build & Price #6  
OK, now things are making better sense. Agree with Steve -- if you're going to spend the money to buy a new machine -- get what you want/need!

Steve's also very correct in noting that there's not alot of "spare space" for this and that kind of modifications. The hydraulic layout is very compact and with the hoe attached you don't want added hoses or valves that will get in your way when you're flipping the seat back and forth or climbing into the rear facing seat to work the backhoe. Especially with muddy, snowy boots and heavy clothes!

My experience with transport costs of equipment to Alaska has been that it's roughly 5% of the cost of the tractor. Craig Taylor has been consistent with offering only 7.5% off the MSRP on buying a new tractor. Adding the shipping expense with the dealer discount - that puts Craig Taylor at roughly 12%-13% below the website MSRP.

Most outside dealer's will jump at the chance to give you ~18%. With a bit of looking - you should be able to grab a 20% deal.

AKfish

/ JD110TLB Build & Price #7  
I have the setup you describe, with the exception of an Addington thumb instead of JD one. The hydraulics were already plumbed for the thumb, just had to add the thumb itself.

At the time, the word on the street was that the JD thumbs were of softer steel than aftermarket ones and would wear out more quickly. So I got a competitive one. I am satisfied with it, but installation requires replacing one of the JD pins in the QA. The original JD pin was chrome plated and harder than a bankers heart. The replacement one was just machined steel and seemed quite a bit softer, and not as well made. Maybe I would have been better off with a real JD thumb.

The thumb will not work with a 12" bucket, so be sure to get at least the next size up.

TnT does not require any more hydraulics than my machine had, it is really just a hydraulic version of the 3 point arms & top link. The machine does not come with the arms & top link, so it is always an add-on. You want the factory hydraulics installed for this.