JD 2320 Price Check

/ JD 2320 Price Check #1  

JDinVT

Bronze Member
Hi all!

Looking at a JD 2320 (might buy tomorrow) with a 200cx fel and a 54" drive over mower deck.

Dealer is adding filled tires and a ballast box.

Best cash price I have got was $15,964 + 7% VT tax. (using 1K special going now)

Seems good to me..what do you all think? :thumbsup:

/ JD 2320 Price Check #2  
Just got a quote from Bridgeport tractor on 2520 with 62d and 200cx loader for 17 no tax using the 2500. I went ahead and traded my 2305 as I couldn't wait to sell it. Lol. But the 0 % ended Monday I believe. So I went ahead and bought. I think ya may find the 2520 the better buy and tractor. Just my .02. Good luck!!

/ JD 2320 Price Check
Agreed- it's more tractor. Dealer tried to up sell me into one. The prices are so close, but I am working with only 5 acres and a budget! ;)

/ JD 2320 Price Check #4  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ JD 2320 Price Check #5  
Hi all!

Looking at a JD 2320 (might buy tomorrow) with a 200cx fel and a 54" drive over mower deck.

Dealer is adding filled tires and a ballast box.

Best cash price I have got was $15,964 + 7% VT tax. (using 1K special going now)

Seems good to me..what do you all think? :thumbsup:

A good price. If your primary role is mowing, and you have a ballast box when ballast is needed, do you want filled tires when mowing?

/ JD 2320 Price Check
I was wondering that too. I don't have to get them filled. What do you all think? I will be in the woods and moving logs, and mowing. I will be plowing in the winter.

/ JD 2320 Price Check #7  
I wonder if someone can quantify how much weight filled 2320 sized tires actually adds.

Remember filled tires are not effective ballast for your FEL so if your 'moving logs' involves loader work, you need to get your counterbalance from your ballast box.

Is you snowblower going to be 3pt or front QH? If it is 3pt then maybe you need to fill your tires to improve winter traction. If front then again ballast box wins.

I chose to not fill my tires. I am very happy I made this choice. Recently I was getting my tractor dirty in heavy damp clay soil. It was very easy to drop the ballast box to run as light as possible. In spots I was sinking enough as is. Extra weight would not have been good.

/ JD 2320 Price Check
Dmay: very good points. I guess I am going to go unloaded. I agree it's not a bunch more weight if I do it. Maybe I need eat more cookies to balance things out. Haha!

The snowblower will be on the front. But I am going to be using a plow on the front before the blower is ordered. :)

/ JD 2320 Price Check #9  
I agree with the unloaded tires. I had it in my head that I was going to load them until talking to the dealer. For the low cost of the ballast box, it gave me the option to run light if necessary, or load up the ballast box for heavy FEL work.