Buying Advice JD 4310 with backhoe price

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price #1  

berserker

Tractor
Kioti DKSE 50
I'm new to the site (although I've been browsing for a while) and have found some great information to narrow down the seemingly infinite brands, sizes, and configurations of tractors to what I think I need.

I've got 20 acres (17 treed, 3 field) all of it pretty hilly (some 50 percent). I'd like to eventually get a grapple bucket (and required plumbing) to help with thinning the trees and brush. I also have about 1100 feet of gravel driveway to maintain so I'll need a back blade and probably a snow blade and/or snow blower.

I've looked at a new JD 3320 and 3520, but they are way out of my price range.

I am looking at a JD 4310 that has a 430 loader and a 48 backhoe. It's got around 300 hours on it with a hydo transmission. My first question is what a good price would be? My thought is that if I can save some money on an older tractor I might be able to get some or all of the implements I need later on.

My next question is how much would it cost to replace whatever parts of the 3 point that come off when the 48 backhoe goes on? Apparently the owner doesn't have them anymore.

Any input is much appreciated.

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price #2  
You can look on www.machinefinder.com and www.tractorhouse.com for what dealers are asking for equivalent machines. A private party sale should be somewhat cheaper, but at least you'd have an idea of a realistic price.
My estimate, considering the backhoe is there...but the 3PH components aren't, would be $16000-$18000.

As far as the prices for the 3PH parts, you can check with a dealer, but what I do suggest is contacting the TBN private party ads (this one: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/private-party-ads/207868-parting-out-john-deere-4300-a.html). This gentleman is parting out a 4300.

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price
Thanks for the estimate Roy. I've looked at the online ads, but it's hard for me to tell how much to adjust the prices for differences in hours and implements.

I had no idea that there was a parting out forum! Much thanks!

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price #4  
I had no idea that there was a parting out forum! Much thanks!

It's actually not a forum...just one private party ad. I've no idea what he still has available, but you can PM him with your requirements.

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price #5  
Roy Jackson is giving you about the right numbers for a used 4310/fel/bh. 300 hours on this machine is nothing. Just make sure you inspect all of the fluids and crawl around the machine to see how it may have been used. Is it garaged? How are the tires? Is it clean? Are you really going to use the backhoe? Can you afford a cash layout for used equipment that may need work done on it soon? The advantage to buying new would be financing and getting exactly what you want. However with these few hours it should be a strong unit for along time. Good Luck Three point hitch stuff would be about $1000.00+ 4300 tph is a little different than 4310

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne. The local dealer said the 3pt parts would be about $1000.

I'm going to hold off and look for something else. I went by the dealer and test drove a 3520. I'm tempted to buy new. I'm just not sure if the 0% financing for 48 months and a warranty are worth depreciation and sales tax. I've seen a 3520 for sale locally for about $7,000 less than the dealer's quoted price ...

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price #7  
I'm going to hold off and look for something else. I went by the dealer and test drove a 3520. I'm tempted to buy new. I'm just not sure if the 0% financing for 48 months and a warranty are worth depreciation and sales tax. I've seen a 3520 for sale locally for about $7,000 less than the dealer's quoted price ...

Actually, I think you're making a mistake. That 4310 has depreciated about as much as it's going to...a lightly used 3520 will probably cost more (especially with a backhoe) and still depreciate steeply.

It's your money though...

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price #8  
Thanks Wayne. The local dealer said the 3pt parts would be about $1000.

Sounds about right for the 3pt hardware. If I had to venture a guess what you'd expect to pay for a 3520 with 300cx loader and 375 backhoe it'd be in the $30,000 range with discount from MSRP.

The 375 hoe is not as capable as the 48 backhoe - less digging depth-reach and less digging force and lift.

The 300cx is a more capable loader than the 430 - but not by much - likely 250lbs or so.

300 hours is 2 oil changes... if it's been taken care of and not abused - there's no way that another 3hp @ pto is worth another $12,000!!

AKfish

/ JD 4310 with backhoe price #9  
What were they asking for the 4310?

JB

What were they asking for the 4310?

JB

They wanted $18,500. The hours looked like they were hard hours (lots of big rock work with the bucket, dents in hydraulic lines). I passed on it.

Based on Roy's advice and factoring in depreciation with different models, I'm still exploring used (but also considering new with financing) and trying to narrow between JD and Kubota. I'm a little concerned power for operation uphill with the 4310 and 3320 and about comments I've heard on the JD 3320/3520 about stability on sloped ground, as I only have a collective couple hundred yards of flat area in my 20 acres, everything else is hilly.