JD's website has me confused

/ JD's website has me confused #1  

JATO_RaT

Veteran Member
The Fabulous Foothills of Northern California
JD\'s website has me confused

I am checking out the JD 4610, a direct competitor to the Kubota L4330 I am checking out. Where do you find the loaders? They have a price configurator and I realize its suggested retail but does that price they have include a loader, if so, I can understand the figure, if not, they are not doing themselves any favors with the estimated cost they come up with, its very high and almost scares me (or others)from looking further. I'm lost with their SCV options. If one wants to have 3 remotes on the back, in other words, 6 quick couplers, what option do you select? The compare feature comparing the L4330 to the JD 4610 while nice is way off. The hydraulic flows, 3 pt. hitch lift capacity, hydraulic pressure, mid pto option, tire size, wheel base, weight, dimensions etc. for the Kubota are all well underestimated or simply incorrect. Some things are correct and accurate with regards to the new Kubota 30 series so the attempt to update was there. Anyway, just want to see what else is out there to consider. Rat... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ JD's website has me confused #2  
Re: JD\'s website has me confused

When you open the 4610 page (under New Products), you see "Attachments" in a list (along with "Spec", "Build and Price" and others. This list is directly under the pic of the tractor.
Click on Attachments and another window will open. Then you'll see a matrix with the Tractor Models at the top, different attachments on the left. If you click on any of the diamond shaped icons on the matrix, it'll open a window for that attachment. However, the info isn't too in depth.

Hope that helps...

/ JD's website has me confused #3  

Thanks Roy, I had the same problem when I used the price calculator. I don't feel so computer unsavy knowing others have a hard time using it. There was a popup asking for a survey regarding the site and I brought that up.
RE: what else? I think you'll find you'll get a better price on the Kubota. If you're looking hydro, you've also got the choice of looking blue. A TC45D also has a lot going for it. I would look at all three and go with the deal you feel most comfortable with. You can't go wrong with any of them.
Pacesetter

/ JD's website has me confused #4  

<font color="blue">They have a price configurator and I realize its suggested retail but does that price they have include a loader, if so, I can understand the figure, if not, they are not doing themselves any favors with the estimated cost they come up with, its very high and almost scares me (or others)from looking further.</font>

The prices JD lists are MSRP....not the price you'll be paying at a dealer. They do this to set a standardized benchmark from which dealers then have the prerogative to set their own sales prices accordingly. Some dealers have actually exceeded the MSRP on their tractors and/or attachments for whatever reason. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Dealers will set prices based on what they believe the market is willing to pay. Dealers have in some instances extremely high margins with which they can work with and still make a profit. For your purposes, however, in negotiating a dealer sales price just plan on getting at least 12-16% off what JD lists as the MSRP. Closer to 15-16% off MSRP is a very reasonable goal to try to achieve. Most dealers will come down to this price support target range. A 'good' deal will be if you can talk the dealer down to over 20% off MSRP either on the tractor, attachments, and/or a combination of everything.

....Bob

/ JD's website has me confused #5  

I configured my JD 4610 at their sight. That gave me a starting point when all the wheelin and dealin began.

My configured price was $25,752.00 which included eHydro, MFWD, Folding ROPS, R4 tires, SCV, Rear work light, Warning light brush guards, Automotive style cruise control, Forward lighting kit, Armrests and telescoping draft links. After the deal was done, I paid $19,800 for the tractor plus $3,500 for the 460 loader. Grand total of $23,300.

I don't know how that compares to the Kubota. I never could find a MSRP on them. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Billy

/ JD's website has me confused

Kubota doesn't have a price configurator, they are a ways behind John Deere. To understand what options are available for them you need to either look at the brochure or talk with the dealer. For MSRP information, you have to talk to the dealers. TractorSmart and Carvers have a ton of great information. The L4330 HST MSRP is $21,504 and the loader is $4690 as posted on Tractorsmarts website. If you want the 3 remote valves and couplers for the L30 series, thats $1190. So lets see that would be $27,384, wow, thats as scary as JD's site. The price quoted to me for one was less, $21,737 with R4's and skidsteer quick hitch and bucket. Add another $1190 for the rear remotes and thats $22,927. They are both in the ball park. OK, that makes sense. Thanks, Rat

/ JD's website has me confused #7  

I determined a few things while I was researching to buy.
1)Kubota did not offer any pricing on their websight.
2)Thanks to Steve at Carters for providing pricing (MSRP on grande L's only)
3)While JD's compare index had a few glitches, Kubota tries to compare unequal tractors to give them the edge. They don't let you pick which models to compare to. Shame. And their remarks on the right side of their comparisons are the same for all pages of different tractors. Example I think a 3130 grande L should compare to JD 4310, I think displacement ,HP and costs should be how mfgs decide which models to compare against. I looked long and hard before I bought, using info gleaned from this site. But everyone needs to read between the lines and research a bit further to develop the truth. Don't believe what the online comparisons show like they are gospel. The only reason I'm not driving orange right now is due to the proximity and reputation of my dealer. My two cents....Kyle

/ JD's website has me confused #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( While JD's compare index had a few glitches, Kubota tries to compare unequal tractors to give them the edge. They don't let you pick which models to compare to. Shame )</font>

Well Said. I am actually turned off by a marketer who tries to mislead the way the Kubota site does. But marketeers are supposed to put their best "spin" forward. Caveat Emptor!

/ JD's website has me confused

Kyle, it has become obvious to me that website pricing is useless. I tried it and wondered why bother? Tractorsmart has all the MSRP prices for Kubota, but I found the figures to be nowhere near what they sell for, not even close, I give up on MSRP, its useless. Comparing which models is easily debatable, even JD lets you compare a L3130 to it's 4210, their pricing is similar. Good for JD to offer this option, its purely a jumping off point for most of us with which to go to a dealer and get started. It seems no matter how you compare, your always going to see an argument here. If you base your decision on engine displacement, then Kubotas compacts will always win, they are bigger in cu in., but so what, what a lousy criteria with which to base ones decision. Cu inch for cu inch, JD's Yanmar diesels seem to always develop more HP. Perhaps establishing a point system for, weight, loader, cost, HP, torque, wheel size, wheel base, height, width, length, etc., could be given determined and then a total point system would then determine which class the tractors would fall into, but then you answered your own comment, Don't take this stuff as gospel. I'll reserve "shame" for much more serious departures then this. If a company knowingly publishes false data about a competitor, that starts getting into shameful not to mention legal questions. I don't believe either company is in violation here. The competition between JD and Kubota has been good for all of us. With the introduction of the 4X10 series from JD, they are a far more attractive to compete with Kubota. If they offered a loader that was more closely in line with the Kubotas, they'd be even closer. Rat...

/ JD's website has me confused #10  

<font color="blue">"...My configured price was $25,752.00... After the deal was done, I paid $19,800..."</font>

I'm assuming this configured price was without the 460 FEL included. If so, then you got a very good price....you got your 20%+ off MSRP and this is what we should all shoot for.

<font color="blue">"...plus $3,500 for the 460 loader..."</font>

Was this with the standard 73" bucket or the HD bucket? If standard, price is fair. If HD bucket....then you made out again like a bandit. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

...Bob