Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #11  
I'm sure the 2305 is a fine tractor. Like for everyone else, the 1026R had been an elusive prey. In frustration, I tried going to the biggest dealer within a reasonable distance. Bingo. They had one. Someone had backed out of their order. It's now in my garage. So far so good. Managed to get the loader on and off (not quite as slick as the video) and also the 60" Quick Attach mower. Had a little trouble on the first try with the mower, but the second time was no problem. I'm certain the guy in the video practiced more than once. It's a big step up from my JD165. The loader will be just great for picking up all kinds of stuff around the yard. No big test of loader capability yet as the ballast box doesn't come in until Wednesday. Can't wait for the first snowfall to use the snowblower. No more cajoling the tractor up the slick hill (I hope) and ripping up the asphalt with the chains! Now if they just had quick attach (all four at once) zero leak hydraulics...

Attachments

• DSC01124.JPG
    DSC01124.JPG
    893.5 KB · Views: 1,770
  • DSC01146.JPG
    DSC01146.JPG
    900 KB · Views: 608
   / Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #12  
drumdoctor said:
I'm sure the 2305 is a fine tractor. Like for everyone else, the 1026R had been an elusive prey. In frustration, I tried going to the biggest dealer within a reasonable distance. Bingo. They had one. Someone had backed out of their order. It's now in my garage. So far so good. Managed to get the loader on and off (not quite as slick as the video) and also the 60" Quick Attach mower. Had a little trouble on the first try with the mower, but the second time was no problem. I'm certain the guy in the video practiced more than once. It's a big step up from my JD165. The loader will be just great for picking up all kinds of stuff around the yard. No big test of loader capability yet as the ballast box doesn't come in until Wednesday. Can't wait for the first snowfall to use the snowblower. No more cajoling the tractor up the slick hill (I hope) and ripping up the asphalt with the chains! Now if they just had quick attach (all four at once) zero leak hydraulics...

Wow that's a beauty.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #13  
Great looking tractor, good to finally see one in a new owners hands. Keep us posted on how you like it.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #14  
Nice looking rig. Know you will enjoy it.

What mower deck is that?

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #15  
It's now in my garage. So far so good. Managed to get the loader on and off (not quite as slick as the video) and also the 60" Quick Attach mower. Had a little trouble on the first try with the mower, but the second time was no problem. I'm certain the guy in the video practiced more than once.

That is a very nice looking tractor and if it performs as well as advertised or even close, they will sell the heck out of them and I believe they will cut into the SCUT sales of other brands.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #16  

NICE!!

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried taking off the mower deck yet? I sure would like to see some pictures of the auto-connect.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #17  
Hello new to this site. I just bought a new 2305 saturday, and i love it!!! came with a 200cx loader, and a 62c mowing deck. Best part was the price. sales man told me a company had bought a bunch of them had them i storage for a few months and told john deere they didnt need all of them. so igot a brand new tractor at a used price!!! and it still has all the warranty left on it. only had .5 hours on it!!!

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R
Well after some soul searching, decided to stay with the 1026, right after I finally decided, my dealer called and said he finally got a delivery date, should be here in 10 to 14 days then a couple of days for setup.
I know the 2305 are good tractors but had my heart set on a 1026 and just couldn't make myself comfortable with the taking a 2305 instead. I've considered the "1st year in production" thing but I'm believe JD did a good job working through problems ahead of time, I'll keep you updated.

OldMan

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #19  
Sometimes it's just best to hold out for what we want whether it makes financial sense, or not. I'm guessing that the 1026 will make you smile everytime you use it, and a 2305 would have reminded you that it wasn't what you really wanted each time you used it. We usually wait a long time in life to have nice tools like these, and we sure deserve what we can afford!

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #20  
Well after some soul searching, decided to stay with the 1026, right after I finally decided, my dealer called and said he finally got a delivery date, should be here in 10 to 14 days then a couple of days for setup.
I know the 2305 are good tractors but had my heart set on a 1026 and just couldn't make myself comfortable with the taking a 2305 instead. I've considered the "1st year in production" thing but I'm believe JD did a good job working through problems ahead of time, I'll keep you updated.

OldMan

I started looking at the 2305's and ended up with the 2520! At first I thought it would be too much tractor for my needs and now only after a few months I wonder how I got by without it!!!:) I have seen some of the new 1 series at the local dealer and they are a great looking machine! I dont think you will be disappointed at all.:thumbsup: Post picts when it arrives...