Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #21  
Nice looking rig. Know you will enjoy it.

What mower deck is that?

It's the 60" AutoConnect deck. Came off real easy. Had a slight problem the first time I tried to put it back on. The right arm didn't hit the rear slot. Probably wasn't all the way down. The second time was the charm.

My only concern so far is that the bucket seems to move slower than expected when dumping. Maybe this is by design?

Now I want to get a bush hog. Any recommendations?

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #22  
FINALY!!!! I've been waiting quite a while for someone to buy one and hear how they liked it. I'm looking forward to read more of your threads so I can make a command decision come springtime!
Congratulations!!!! Nice tractor. 

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #23  
I like the 2305 hour meter better (the new one looks Chinese and unreadable in the sun) and they should have kept the 2305 fuel gauge on the dashboard or, instead of a JD sticker to fill the space, they should have put in an ammeter to indicate battery charge in addition to the idiot light.

Will be interested in seeing how the auto-connect deck mechanism works out after a few of years use. Also noted that the 3-pt hitch turnbuckles are on the outside of the arms instead of the inside like the 2305. Wonder why?

Last edited:
   / Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #24  
I like the 2305 hour meter better (the new one looks Chinese and unreadable in the sun) and they should have kept the 2305 fuel gauge on the dashboard or, instead of a JD sticker to fill the space, they should have put in an ammeter to indicate battery charge in addition to the idiot light.

Will be interested in seeing how the auto-connect deck mechanism works out after a few of years use. Also noted that the 3-pt hitch turnbuckles are on the outside of the arms instead of the inside like the 2305. Wonder why?

Yep. I think they dropped the ball on the instrument panel. I understand the fuel gage not being there because it would have to be electronic, thus another thing to fail, but oil pressure and amp meter would have been nice. They probably could have added those for $50 additonal cost to the machine. These are advertised as top of the line machines, but there is always something they cheap out on. At least I got the sealed headlights I wanted.

Oh, and you are right about the hour meter. It can be read ok in the sun, but if you wear polarized sunglasses it is hard to read. I have one like it on my GX345.

I wonder it the instrument panel is backlighted for night time use.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #25  
I drove the Kubota BX2360 about a week before purchasing the 1026R. The IP layout is similar to Deere except the RPM is a small LCD readout at the bottom center. Yes, it gives an "accurate digital readout" as they say in the literature, but what good is that if you can't see it? It's much more important to me to have a easily readable RPM gauge. Agree, an electrical gauge (ammeter) would have been nice. Maybe add a nice chrome aftermarket hot rod "Sun" gauge on top the hood? (just kidding)

Just got the ballast box out of the car. Will probably get to test the turnbuckles tonight.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #26  
drumdoctor,

What is the switch below the light switch for. It looks kind of like a toggle switch. I haven't seen a 1026r in person and I can't find anything in the manual that tells me what it is? I think it comes with one of the options, mower lift maybe?

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #27  
You had me stumped. Had to go out and look. It's a blank space for a rectangular toggle switch. Maybe for the optional work light on the ROPS? Now you've got me curious!
Also the dash does light up nicely at night. The Deere logo on the dash does not light up.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R
Quote: What is the switch below the light switch for. It looks kind of like a toggle switch. I haven't seen a 1026r in person and I can't find anything in the manual that tells me what it is? I think it comes with one of the options, mower lift maybe?

It is the mower lift switch, part of the optional hydraulic mower lift kit that uses the loader joystick to lift the mower deck, my dealer ask if I wanted it on my 1026R.

OldMan

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #29  
I just pulled the pin today and bought a 1026R. About $1,000 more then the 1023E. Nice seat, lighting is nice, easy and uncomplicated controls. Very easy to operate. Hydro was much smoother then the Massey. Will be around 2 weeks to get it set up. These Guys are swamped on new sales. I don't need it for some time.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R
Congratulations on the new tractor. What part of the country are you in? What equipment did you order on yours? Hoping mine will be here in the next week. Post some pictures ASAP!!

OldMan