Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #1  

OldMan

Tractor
John Deere 3520 (Sold this last fall, pending purchase of a 1026R)
Well Guy痴 let me run something by you, the 1026R keeps getting slipped and now they say late September and not sure when the mower deck will be available which brings me to my question.
My dealer has a used 2305, 79 hours, he said due to the long wait I have endured he will put a new 62C deck on it and let me have it for $8900, that is over 5K less than a 1026R, the little tractor is like new, yes I would prefer the 1026 but starting summer and I still don稚 have a tractor with no idea when the new one will arrive. The 2305 will meet my needs, I have already passed on two other 2305痴 and I am thinking maybe I should take this one and go on my way. What do you think?

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #2  
Say OK, just throw in a loader:D

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #3  
I am very against buying the first model year of anything. Too many bugs to work out.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #4  
My vote is on the 2305! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #5  
Not sure you could go wrong. You could like use the machine now, as in NOW. :) Frankly, let the new series be introduced and let Deere build it a year or two or three. You're aren't likely to lose any money, even if you were to sell the 2305 in a few years.

Unless that tractor was traded back because it was a lemon or something, it's winning deal, imho.

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #6  
Well Guy痴 let me run something by you, the 1026R keeps getting slipped and now they say late September and not sure when the mower deck will be available which brings me to my question.
My dealer has a used 2305, 79 hours, he said due to the long wait I have endured he will put a new 62C deck on it and let me have it for $8900, that is over 5K less than a 1026R, the little tractor is like new, yes I would prefer the 1026 but starting summer and I still don稚 have a tractor with no idea when the new one will arrive. The 2305 will meet my needs, I have already passed on two other 2305痴 and I am thinking maybe I should take this one and go on my way. What do you think?

Local Deere Dealer has both a 1023E and a 1026R on the lot for sale right now. The 1026R has the loader on it, as well it has the 62" mower deck on it as well. Deere must have an issue with shipping out the mower decks in some areas, as the one at my local Dealer has the mower deck on it.

Very nice tractor, the 1026R is, a lot nicer then the 1023E, still I am happy with my 2305 Deere, and you would still be happy with either tractor you choose. Will be quite some time before my 2305 gets upgraded.

Take Care Jason B

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #7  
I am very against buying the first model year of anything. Too many bugs to work out.

Very good point. My father was new car dealer and I remember when new models came out it was quite common to have problems with them. Usually after the model had been produced for a year or two it became a fine car. The 1026 having had delays just emphasizes this point. Will it have more problems or do they have them all ironed out? You will have to buy one and use it to know. Are you willing to spend your hard earned money for this gamble?

I say get the 2305 save some $$ and trade in a year or two. The result will be that you will get to work right away and you will get a better tractor when you upgrade. I seriously doubt you will lose much money on the 2305 when the time comes.

Last edited:
   / Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #8  
It all gets down to money..If you have plenty of it get the new model, if not get the 2305..Nothing wrong with a good'ol proven model..

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #9  
Grab the 2305 and run. If you absolutely must have a 1026, then buy one in 2 or 3 years. By then, however, you may find the 2305 more than adequate to your needs, and buying up is no longer so attractive. You can't go wrong!

/ Purchase a 2305 or wait for the 1026R #10  
I too vote for the 2305. It's a great little tractor, you won't be dissapointed.