John Deere 110 backhoe surging

/ John Deere 110 backhoe surging #1  

Roger Love

Tractor
John Deere 110 Backhoe
I have a JD 110 backhoe that surges when i drive it. the engine speed stays the same but it feels like the hydraulics is on and off. Anyone had this problem?

/ John Deere 110 backhoe surging #2  
Roger Love,

Are you saying the forward speed is surging?
What about reverse? Does it do this in all ranges?

A little more info might help.

/ John Deere 110 backhoe surging #3  
I have a JD 110 backhoe that surges when i drive it. the engine speed stays the same but it feels like the hydraulics is on and off. Anyone had this problem?

Nope.... 900 hours now and ain't nothin' like that ever happen!

Maybe a few more details would be helpful.

Any other functional problems? Steering, 3pt, pto, loader? Problems in all ranges; all rpms?

AKfish

/ John Deere 110 backhoe surging
well I fixed the surging problem with the JD110 backhoe. I took a high pressure air hose and blew a bunch of dust out of the fuse box and pushed in on all of the fuzes and relays. I took it out to try it out and it never missed a beat. I ran it hard for about 2 hrs and it ran great. The problem with surging was both in forward and reverse in any range. it was much more evident at higher speed. I talked to a service rep at JD and he said he had one do this when the ground speed sensor was not working properly.

/ John Deere 110 backhoe surging #5  
Glad to hear that the solution was an "easy and cheap" one! And thanks for the post back with info for other users.

AKfish

/ John Deere 110 backhoe surging #6  
Roger,
Glad it was a cheap fix. Thanks for the update.