John Deere closing another long time dealer

/ John Deere closing another long time dealer #2  
Ya really gotta wonder what in heck Deere gains by doing this around the country. They want all their stores to resemble big box stores I guess, but seeing JD dealerships we grew up with having trouble, and being closed is pretty hard.

/ John Deere closing another long time dealer #3  
I am not saying by any means I agree with JD's decision here I agree as well that it is probably a mistake but it does appear that there are 4 other dealerships within 20 miles of thier location so if market share was poor I would imagine that some of the decision may have been based on what those other dealers accomplished in terms of share. It is not completly unheard of for one dealer group to ***** out their prices into a territory that is known to be struggling to speed up the situation with the intent of ultimatly capturing that area by either seeing the dealer close or getting the opportunity to purchase them. Still very unfortunate, 20 miles to drive is still a pia to drive to get pieces but I live in an area where you drive over 150 miles to get to the next dealer.

/ John Deere closing another long time dealer #4  
John Deere closed the dealer close to us about a year ago. The dealer had been in business for 3 or 4 generations. Dealer was upset and I sure wanted the closed dealer to open up a competitive line, but it didn't happen. Probably to much investment for the returns. I guess that's a good way to keep from competing with yourself. If you don't like our price just drive another 100 miles to see if you can do better.