47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used #1  

Kiteflyer

Tractor
JD 8110
And another......

What does a used 47 inch shaft drive snowblower sell for?

I've looked and can't seem to find any on machine finder, how hard are they to find?

What do you think a good deal on a new unit is? I've been quoted 3200 for a new unit with all the goodies (brackets, weights, spout adjuster etc.)

I'd like to pay no more than 2500 for new. Is that realistic?

Thanks!

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used #2  
Probably not realistic JD build it shows over $2258 just for the blower and drive upstop portions. I was just looking at one and I already have the front quick hitch and front PTO portions these add $800 to $900 depending on what tractor you have. I didn't look at weights/chains as I already have them as well.

Todd

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used #3  
I found it difficult to find a nice used 47" front mount snowblower with the correct quick hitch, driveshaft and front PTO mount to fit my tractor. They are out there but it took me 2 years to find mine which I paid $1,800 for about 3 years ago. At that time, it was two years old and still looked new.

The biggest problem is not the snowblower itself but the correct quick hitch, driveshaft and front pto mount. The JD 47" snowblower fits many JD models from large garden tractors to compact tractors so there are a lot of them around. I think the cheapest way would be to find a used snowblower then buy the quick hitch, driveshaft and pto mount for your particular tractor new from a John Deere Dealer. That's what I was planning to do if I didn't find the one I bought.

I'm not sure you can buy a complete new set up from JD for $2,500 but give it a try. That's probably less than their cost.

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used #4  
It appears that the same blower is used on the Cub Cadet garden tractors (like the GT3200 we bought this spring). It just has a different mounting bracket.
Edit: I meant that the JD garden tractor line (400 series) uses the same blower as the Cub Cadet

Aaron Z

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used
What does the cub cadet blower sell for?

Who makes it?

I've heard that the Bercomac blowers are good. Just as expensive as Deere but good.

The biggest problem is not the snowblower itself but the correct quick hitch, driveshaft and front pto mount. The JD 47" snowblower fits many JD models from large garden tractors to compact tractors so there are a lot of them around. I think the cheapest way would be to find a used snowblower then buy the quick hitch, driveshaft and pto mount for your particular tractor new from a John Deere Dealer. That's what I was planning to do if I didn't find the one I bought.

How do you like your blower?

Does it work well and how well does it do when trying to blow/scrape hard packed snow?

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used #7  
I like my snowblower. It is designed and built very well like all JD attachments and allows me to clean snow quickly. I live in Central NY where we get 120" - 180" of snow each year.

The JD 47" snowblower has adjustable feet which allow you to raise or lower the cutting edge so if you want to clean your paved driveway down to the pavement you can. If you have a stone or dirt driveway, you can adjust the leading edge upward to avoid picking up stones. The hydraulic cylinder that allows you to raise and lower the snowblower also creates downpressure which combined with the snowblowers weight (approx 350 lbs) allows you to scrape to the pavement.

I think you would be very satisfied with one.

The hydraulic down pressure is largely what has me looking at an x700 class machine. I live in Mn and have a north facing driveway so being able to scrape a little with the blower would be really nice

I only have an acre to mow so an x500 would be more than adequate but it won't have the same abilities with a snow blower as a x724.

I've looked at the electric lift option for the smaller tractors and understand that it can help put some down pressure on a blower but by the time i buy a new x500 or x534, electric lift and blower I'm really close to the price of a used 250 Hr x724 or x485.

Thanks for the info, I've decided for sure to get a little larger machine with hydraulics that will do exactly what I want it too.

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used #9  
I have a X748 with the 47" blower. Works excellent. The downward pressure on the X700s allow you to easily lift the front tires off the ground.

What I often do is use the 54" blade to scrape then blow the row away. I just find it quicker to scrape the driveway portion. The hydraulic angling onthe blade is quick and precise.

I don't use weights and I've never got stuck.

/ 47 inch shaft drive snowblower new or used #10  
Hi, at the time that I bought my 2210 in 2004 the dealer had no snowblower available so I figured I'd eventually grab one used. Well, here it is 2011 and after two years of record snowfall and the front hitch etc is becoming harder to find for a 2210. - hoping the new 1000 series will prompt some 2210 trade-ins - getting harder to get by with the front loader the more it snows. Definitely a challenge to find a good used unit that fits.