5055e vs 5075e

/ 5055e vs 5075e
Thanks for all the replys, either tractor is probably more than I need, I need to bush hog maybe 15 acres, either tractor will do that. What I do want is when I do more with it, as I will probably keep it for a looong time, i want it to do whatever I need to do in the future. I just wanted to see if there was any down side to the extra 20 hp? Will I break implements that I wouldnt with the smaller tractor? Will I tear up the loader bucket with the extra power if digging? I am leaning strongly toward the 5075e as in my opinion the price difference is not great enought to justfy not getting an extra 20hp. In most cases like this buying the power at the beggining is way cheaper than finding out how to get more later!!!!

/ 5055e vs 5075e #12  
Thanks for all the replys, either tractor is probably more than I need, I need to bush hog maybe 15 acres, either tractor will do that. What I do want is when I do more with it, as I will probably keep it for a looong time, i want it to do whatever I need to do in the future. I just wanted to see if there was any down side to the extra 20 hp? Will I break implements that I wouldnt with the smaller tractor? Will I tear up the loader bucket with the extra power if digging? I am leaning strongly toward the 5075e as in my opinion the price difference is not great enought to justfy not getting an extra 20hp. In most cases like this buying the power at the beggining is way cheaper than finding out how to get more later!!!!

tractor2.JPG get both!!!!!!!
I got my 70hp first,then got into stuff were I needed a smaller tractor(50hp) and shredder. Lighter and easier to haul. Do you need any attachments that you could get with the price difference?Canopy,Grapple,Etc....."Its like needing a dually to pull a lawn mower/atv trailer"

/ 5055e vs 5075e #13  

For all practical purposes the 5055e and 5075e will put the same amount of stress on implements and the loader. The weight is what does the pushing/pulling/digging etc, and they both weigh the same. Now the 5075e would be more likely to tear up light duty PTO powered equipment.

/ 5055e vs 5075e #14  
I would think the biggest difference would be that the 5075 could pull the same draft load faster than the 5055. For instance traverse a hill with the same load behind you and the higher hp tractor will maintain a higher ground speed.

About the extra fuel, the higher hp tractor may consume a tad more fuel but not enough to worry about. Typically larger tractors are more efficient than the smaller ones, that is the larger tractors can get more hp hours from a gallon of fuel than the smaller tractors.

/ 5055e vs 5075e #15  
AK, why stop there? Why not just step into a 6000 series? Unless your a full time farmer how much more do you really need? Do you have a herd of cows/horses? Are you selling the hay? My other pet peave is you don't post enough pics of the A the tractors and B the unsurpased beauty of AK.;)

Matt

I really like the frame size of the 5000 series! They fit my small fields and around the buildings - and have tons of power!! :thumbsup:

Just finished baling around 2,500 bales the past 2 days with the 5075 and the JD 336 baler. Did not miss a bale (knock on forehead). Baler has not missed a bale in 2 years. Granted, I've only baled about 4,000 bales with it... but for a "farm auction" baler - I'm tickled inside out!

I've only got a couple of horses, chickens, and honey bees. Thinking about getting a pack mule for some hunting trips. Have sold a little hay (we use about 8 tons a year) and would like to move into selling more. As I mentioned some time ago - my neighbors are getting on in years and they're interested in having some help with their hay fields. I've been helping 3-4 of 'em the past several years, now.

We'll see where that leads down the road a ways...

My wife took some pics the last couple of days. I'll try to post a few.

Gotta get the d@mn high tunnel greenhouse finished! That thing has been a "ball and chain" on my neck all summer long (with my wife on the other end of the chain). :mur:

AKfish

/ 5055e vs 5075e #16  

You can "tear up" any equipment made by human hands - from a D-12 Cat to a 300X lawn tractor. Especially, if you're not sensible about the limitations of the machine and the kinds of work it was designed to do.

That said, if you plan to own the tractor for a long time - you're not likely to tear up either the 5055e or the 5075e. 'Cause you'll always be asking yourself; "is this gonna work out right if I do this..."?

You're "on the money" with your comment - "buying power at the beginning is way cheaper than finding out how to get more later"!!! 100% of owner's here on TBN that have moved up the Hp line after "settling" for a lower Hp machine the first time would readily agree...

AKfish

/ 5055e vs 5075e
Yes that is my reasoning, I didn't want to settle, I don't want to regret not buying enough horsepower and later and try to figure what I can do to make it up. I can always buy a small hydrostatic tractor for small areas and small jobs if I need to in the future, but the biggest jobs are at hand now, the fields that haven't been cut in a year, the clearing of an area for a building and house, making paths to get from field to field. I would rather not mow some nook in the woods now if my tractor wont fit but make easy work of doing the larger jobs at hand now. Thanks for all the input, I am leaning heavily toward the 5075e!!!

/ 5055e vs 5075e #18  
Yes that is my reasoning, I didn't want to settle, I don't want to regret not buying enough horsepower and later and try to figure what I can do to make it up. I can always buy a small hydrostatic tractor for small areas and small jobs if I need to in the future, but the biggest jobs are at hand now, the fields that haven't been cut in a year, the clearing of an area for a building and house, making paths to get from field to field. I would rather not mow some nook in the woods now if my tractor wont fit but make easy work of doing the larger jobs at hand now. Thanks for all the input, I am leaning heavily toward the 5075e!!!

Sounds reasonable to me, typically you do need the larger machines first for the initial work then smaller machines for touch up. I bought the tlb first, 60 hp tractor second and new 4x4ws mower last.

Hope the 5075e works for you.:thumbsup:

/ 5055e vs 5075e
I finally did it!!! I purchased the 5075E, and yes I know if there is no picture it didn't happen, so here it is:

Attachments

• Tractor.jpg
    Tractor.jpg
    526 KB · Views: 8,504
   / 5055e vs 5075e #20  
I finally did it!!! I purchased the 5075E, and yes I know if there is no picture it didn't happen, so here it is:

I like the first load u got in the bucket:thumbsup: Not my flavor but it'll due:D

Nice tractor!!!