I think I am in love (again)

/ I think I am in love (again) #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
I've been secretly (wrt my wife) pondering upgrading to a cab tractor with more loader capability.

I don't REALLY need it. I bundle up to blow the snow and my driveway is not particularly long. I can lift the 4x5 bales with my Kubota although 6"-1ft more of loader height would be perfect unloading off the trailer - but I manage fine with some finesse.

On our way back from a weekend trip out of town, I decided to stop by and take a look at a JD 4520 with a cab and 400x loader. I've been looking at Kubotas only so far having been very comfortable with mine and the dealer I am now dealing with. This tractor has got to be the nicest kept tractor in the whole world! It is a 2006 with 125 hours on it. The cab still has new tractor smell. R4 tires. The owner puts 2x4s down and rests the bucket on them so the bucket does not contact the concrete on his drive way. He's never taken it out past the end of the driveway so that it does not contact salt in the winter.

I also has a pretty decent price to boot for up here. It is a private sale so no sales tax. I'd have to convert the JD QA to SSQA which will cost some $, and add another rear remote and a hydraulic top link.

It is much more than I wanted to spend upgrading. I was looking for a 500-600 hr Kubota 40+hp which I think I could justify at $12k or so over and above what I could sell mine for. This one will work out to $22k or so after adding the remotes and the QA conversion. It is more money but it is a heck of a better deal than I think is out there to be had.

I made the mistake of going out and seeing it and now I'm in love with it and can't get it out my head given the good deal with it being a private sale!

Beware. Don't go looking until you are ready to buy!

/ I think I am in love (again) #2  
You will love the cab. Had the same experience a couple of years ago, priced blades and a belt for the MMM, the same day some new cabbed tractors were on the lot. The test is history.

Did you get your MF yet??

/ I think I am in love (again)
No the MF is still being checked out / serviced at the dealer before they get it ready to ship it to me. Not sure if they got to it Friday or not but expect they will get to it tomorrow.

I really ought to wait for one tractor that I just 'newly' purchased to arrive before I go looking for another one!

/ I think I am in love (again) #4  
canoetrpr said:
No the MF is still being checked out / serviced at the dealer before they get it ready to ship it to me. Not sure if they got to it Friday or not but expect they will get to it tomorrow.

I really ought to wait for one tractor that I just 'newly' purchased to arrive before I go looking for another one!

You are getting ready for winter before the snow flies, which is smart. :).

/ I think I am in love (again) #5  
I've been secretly (wrt my wife) pondering upgrading to a cab tractor with more loader capability.

I don't REALLY need it. I bundle up to blow the snow and my driveway is not particularly long. I can lift the 4x5 bales with my Kubota although 6"-1ft more of loader height would be perfect unloading off the trailer - but I manage fine with some finesse.

On our way back from a weekend trip out of town, I decided to stop by and take a look at a JD 4520 with a cab and 400x loader. I've been looking at Kubotas only so far having been very comfortable with mine and the dealer I am now dealing with. This tractor has got to be the nicest kept tractor in the whole world! It is a 2006 with 125 hours on it. The cab still has new tractor smell. R4 tires. The owner puts 2x4s down and rests the bucket on them so the bucket does not contact the concrete on his drive way. He's never taken it out past the end of the driveway so that it does not contact salt in the winter.

I also has a pretty decent price to boot for up here. It is a private sale so no sales tax. I'd have to convert the JD QA to SSQA which will cost some $, and add another rear remote and a hydraulic top link.

It is much more than I wanted to spend upgrading. I was looking for a 500-600 hr Kubota 40+hp which I think I could justify at $12k or so over and above what I could sell mine for. This one will work out to $22k or so after adding the remotes and the QA conversion. It is more money but it is a heck of a better deal than I think is out there to be had.

I made the mistake of going out and seeing it and now I'm in love with it and can't get it out my head given the good deal with it being a private sale!

Beware. Don't go looking until you are ready to buy!

That really does sound like an amazing deal considering I know what I am paying for a new 3720 Cab!

/ I think I am in love (again) #6  
Sounds pretty amazing. I'll be thinking of you when I'm pushing snow out in the open this winter. Amazing how well he's cared for it.