Price Check JD 4700 New Price

/ JD 4700 New Price #1  

chevy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, John Deere X739
I am looking for the cost of a 2000 John Deere 4700 Hydro with a 460 loader when it was new in 2000.

/ JD 4700 New Price #3  
Hi Doyle....

<font color="blue">"...site will giving you retail pricing...</font>

Eh.....you sure on this? The right hand column and the spec sheets suggest it is list price or what John Deere would list as MSRP. This isn't necessarily what the retail customer would pay.

Another cautionary note to be mindful of when referring to State contract sites like this (since some list MSRP prices and/or state contract prices).....MN DOT like NYSDOT, the agency I work for, is able to negotiate vendor deals per product unit under state contracts that are usually much less than what a typical retail customer would pay. Whereas a retail customer can negotiate a good deal for about 20% off MSRP, state vendor contract prices are even better than this and the prices reflect only what cooperative purchasing venture members (ie, local municipalities, local public works departments) pay when they purchase their equipment under state contract, as many of them do here in New York State. These prices are not availble to retail customers.

Regardless of which they reflect, MSRP or state vendor contract prices, these prices provide a good range bracketed by high ball and low ball price figures that the retail shopper could use when shopping around for optimal prices.

...Bob

/ JD 4700 New Price #4  
Go to www.machinefinder.com. They will give you what the tractor was new without options. Go to deere.com and you can get what the retail price of the accessories and loader was.

/ JD 4700 New Price #5  
Bob,

I was just trying to him a reference point, like using the JD pricing site. If I remember right , MN says the discount off these prices for JD would be @28%. The prices shown are retail and you have to deduct 28% from there.

Yes, I realize the general public wouldn't be able to get these discounts, but I still think it is a good reference site as far as seeing retail pricing on various items. The only manufacturer that I know of that will show retail pricing is John Deere.

I use this site as a starting point & it has been helpful when dealers have given me quotes on items. It is really amazing how close some dealers quotes come to the discounted prices.

For instance, I have a quote for the new Case JX series JX 55 & 65 (with loaders) from a dealer where I have my old IH fixed and would like to compare it to the pricing on the MN site once it's updated because it is truly an amazing price.

Doyle

/ JD 4700 New Price #6  
<font color="blue">"...I realize the general public wouldn't be able to get these discounts, but I still think it is a good reference site as far as seeing retail pricing on various items..."</font>

Yep....fully agree. I used other state contracts sites myself when I shopped for my JD 4710 about a year ago. Only points I was making, primarily for the benefit of the uninitiated, is one should be careful in understanding what these prices are and what they represent. They could be list price or state vendor contract price or both.....and with this understanding one could then shop around discerningly. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

....Bob

/ JD 4700 New Price
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the information. I found what I was looking for on the state site. How do you find these sites? I have checked Indiana's DOT site & could not find anything.
Thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ JD 4700 New Price #8  
<font color="blue">'...How do you find these sites?..."</font>

Not every state will post this information on websites. I've found this information by doing a Google search or you may want to use one of your other favorite search engines. Search with key words like "Tractor Prices" or "Tractor Contract Prices." It may take some time but keep on scrolling through the search results and you'll likely get some hits from some states. Usually, state DOTs or OGSs (Office of General Services) will post this information as part of their bidding, procurement, and full disclosure procedures.

....Bob