John Deere 609 Cutter Question

/ John Deere 609 Cutter Question #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
I found a JD 609 local for $500. Seems like a good deal. I am going to go check it out this weekend.

Are they all Cat 2?

I was planning running it on my 4520 cab. I don't think the 4520 is Cat 2.

I was planning on taking this mower to my hunting place and leaving it. So I would only have to haul my 4520 when I need to work out there.

Comments?

Thanks,
D.

/ John Deere 609 Cutter Question #2  
Sounds like a good price. My JD dealer offered to sell me a picture of a 609 for $500........

I check my John Deere catalogs and the new ones are cat 2 and 3. The older catalog that is 15 years old says 1 and 2. You can get cat 1 pins that fit in cat 2 holes. I did a rhino twin spindle 8 footer that way and it worked great for years of tough mowing.

/ John Deere 609 Cutter Question #3  
According to what I find on JDparts.com all 609 cutters came from factory as Cat ll. but the pins could be changed to Cat l ,7/8" dia.
W22860 Stud X (A)
609 709
W22685 Stud X X (B)
(A) CATEGORY I THREE-POINT HITCH
(B) CATEGORY II THREE-POINT HITCH

/ John Deere 609 Cutter Question
New 609s are like $4500.

I looked on machine finder and my dealer has a used mx6 at another lot for $975. They are going to bring it over to my local dealer next week and check it out. Spin it up, etc. I had a MX6 now and have been happy with it but have not been able to find a good price on a used one.

It is probably a good time to buy a used mower around here. There is nothing to cut with the drought. So I suspect it will all sit until Spring next year.

D.

/ John Deere 609 Cutter Question #5  
I found a JD 609 local for $500. Seems like a good deal. I am going to go check it out this weekend.

Are they all Cat 2?

I was planning running it on my 4520 cab. I don't think the 4520 is Cat 2.

I was planning on taking this mower to my hunting place and leaving it. So I would only have to haul my 4520 when I need to work out there.

Comments?

Thanks,
D.

Wow $500 on a 609 sounds almost too good to be true. I've been looking at those and the MX6s. The 609s are rated up to 4" stuff, as I'm sure you know :thumbsup:

If possible snap some photos..

/ John Deere 609 Cutter Question #7  
With the drought - nobody has anything to cut. Even the weeds are dead.

D.

Sheesh... even the hurricanes are taking a right-hand turn!

AKfish