3038E with a backhoe sub-frame?

/ 3038E with a backhoe sub-frame? #1  

rkeith

Silver Member
Tractor
GC1720 TLB
I'm looking at purchasing a 3038E and was wondering if there are any aftermarket backhoes that can attach to it using a sub-frame? I didn't see where the Woods sub-frame was compatible but are there any others? Thanks.

/ 3038E with a backhoe sub-frame?
That's what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

/ 3038E with a backhoe sub-frame? #4  
So, the JD3038 can indeed take a backhoe??.....I didn't know that.

Fantastic link fish....

I didn't either and for a tractor at that price... wow! Even the 3032E is listed!! :thumbsup:

/ 3038E with a backhoe sub-frame? #6  
... thing is, by the time you add up all the parts you could just about buy a separate piece of used equipment, with at least the same capability, (6 foot depth - 9 foot reach). About $7k or so for GX620, subframe & bucket + another $1.1K for PTO pump kit if you don't have plumbing.

Nick

True but I'm not getting the backhoe right now! I just want the ability if I do go that route. That alone makes a big price difference because the 3032E is competitively priced since it has hydro, cruise, etc. against Kubota and other brands that do have a backhoe option. Wouldn't you agree?

/ 3038E with a backhoe sub-frame? #8  
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the 3000e series - I chose to go the 3038e route myself and have been very happy with mine!

That being said, some concerns would be that I don't know what a subframe might do to ground clearance or how hard it would be to mount & dismount it and the BH. I generally use the 3038e with something hanging on the 3PTH, so I couldn't leave a BH on there for any period of time.

If I regularly had tasks that needed a BH, I think I'd probably lean towards using the same money towards getting an older, used item that was purpose built for backhoe work & leaving the 3038e available for other tasks - or rent one for a short term need.

Nick

/ 3038E with a backhoe sub-frame? #9  
Think of it like this, if deere engineering wanted to have a hoe compatible with the 3038e why wouldn't they offer one. I'm sure there's a solid reason they don't.

Matt

I agree! I've decided to go with the JD2720! Thanks for all the help guys! :thumbsup: