Box blade for a 2305

/ Box blade for a 2305
I wouldn't think the x749 has more capability to lift higher than a 2305 and I use a full sized 48" boxblade with plenty of lift.

What brand BB are you using, do you know weight?
Thanks!

/ Box blade for a 2305
Agree that 48" is a good match. Frontier used to make a Box Blade for limited cat 1 tracters (BB2048L).
Since the 2305 can't lift as high as bigger tractors, make sure the Box Blade isn't too tall.
I think mine weighs about 300 lbs. and I sometimes add 160 lbs. of weights to get a little better "bite" or to add ballast.

Okay, I have found a JD dealer about 30 miles away that has a BB2048L in stock for $680, not a bad price for the Frontier. I called another JD dealer and he though I could use the BB2060 but ground clearance would be an issue, thought there would only be about 4" from the ground, thought I could gain a few inches with an iMatch, but not ready to buy one yet. He told me he had a used 2305 and he would mount the bb for me to check out. I think I am going to stick with the box blades made for the limited cat 1 with a lower profile blade for clearance issues. I can always add some weight. I have some big jobs to do but not really heavy duty work, light grading etc. What's your opinion on the BB2048L with only 3 scarifiers as opposed to 4 on some others? I'm really leaning toward the frontier BB48L as it's in stock and cheaper than the 48" and 54" landpride 05 series. Oh yeah, it's green too! Are you pleased with the frontier 2048L / 2305 combo?
Thanks!
Steve

/ Box blade for a 2305 #14  
Okay, I have found a JD dealer about 30 miles away that has a BB2048L in stock for $680, not a bad price for the Frontier. I called another JD dealer and he though I could use the BB2060 but ground clearance would be an issue, thought there would only be about 4" from the ground, thought I could gain a few inches with an iMatch, but not ready to buy one yet. He told me he had a used 2305 and he would mount the bb for me to check out. I think I am going to stick with the box blades made for the limited cat 1 with a lower profile blade for clearance issues. I can always add some weight. I have some big jobs to do but not really heavy duty work, light grading etc. What's your opinion on the BB2048L with only 3 scarifiers as opposed to 4 on some others? I'm really leaning toward the frontier BB48L as it's in stock and cheaper than the 48" and 54" landpride 05 series. Oh yeah, it's green too! Are you pleased with the frontier 2048L / 2305 combo?
Thanks!
Steve

I have been happy with it. (I paid $633 for mine over 6 years ago). I use it for lots of things but when I use it with the 3 teeth extended all the way to break up compacted soil it is possible to stop the tractor.
There are other brands made specifically for limited cat 1 tractors. I think Tractor Supply sells one.

/ Box blade for a 2305
I have been happy with it. (I paid $633 for mine over 6 years ago). I use it for lots of things but when I use it with the 3 teeth extended all the way to break up compacted soil it is possible to stop the tractor.
There are other brands made specifically for limited cat 1 tractors. I think Tractor Supply sells one.

Thanks for the input! I am running out of time to make a decision. I am greatly over thinking as always, but that's not always a bad thing. I want a BB that's quick hitch compatible, I don't think tractor supply is? Anyway it is really dependent upon what's in my area at this point and to be honest, I would kind of like to stay green. It tends to blend better when sitting around. I'm in a residential neighborhood so I want to keep it as subtle as possible.

BTW, do you think the 3 rippers are fine? That was one thing I was concerned about. I don't think I will use them too aggressively, maybe ripping some sod and some light to medium duty soil work.

Thanks again!
Steve

Last edited:
   / Box blade for a 2305 #16  
I don't know if you have looked but Woods also makes a line of implements for SCUTs. The Estate series. The 48" box blade is the GBC48.

/ Box blade for a 2305
I don't know if you have looked but Woods also makes a line of implements for SCUTs. The Estate series. The 48" box blade is the GBC48.

I have looked online and called about them, my local dealer wanted about as much to order the Woods GBC48 Estate Series as the Frontier BB2048L. Being in stock and the right color makes me lean towards the Frontier.
Thanks,
Steve

/ Box blade for a 2305 #18  
hink10,

Here is a picture of the Cammond 48" boxblade that is IMatch ready and green. this is also available in a 54" model as mentioned earlier. The 48" model has 4 shank ripper setup.

First pic of the Frontier LR60L landscape rake.
Second picture is with top link in lengthened position.
Third pic is with top link adjusted midway,
no issues with clearance or lift height imo.

/ Box blade for a 2305 #19  
BTW, do you think the 3 rippers are fine? That was one thing I was concerned about. I don't think I will use them too aggressively, maybe ripping some sod and some light to medium duty soil work.

Thanks again!
Steve

I think for normal use that 4 would be somewhat better then three. I used mine which has three to loosen some soil that had been compacted by horses. The soil was hard and dry enough that with three buried it was enough to stop the tractor.
But for driveways and general grading it will pull it easily.
Unless your time is tight, probably not much difference.

/ Box blade for a 2305
So.. another option. I put in a call to a local implements place and just just a message today. He said he has a 48" BB, 60" and much bigger. They are a Bush Hog dealer and show a Bush Hog BB on their site. They are also a Woods dealer, but saw no Woods BBs on the site. In the message he said the were heavy duty but did not state brand. Said the list was $655 on the 48", sell for $575. I don't believe it's the scut model of the Bush Hog by his description. Think it may be the SBX 480, not sure but it looks lie a beast at 430 lbs.

Anyone know what the Bush Hogs price might be? If I can get a good heavy duty BB for over $100 cheaper than the Frontier and not have to drive 90 mile round trip, I may be game. The one issue I see is that on the site they showed a red one, that's one color I'd like to avoid but they do make them powder coated in most major brand colors. To be honest, the color isn't/shouldn't be that big of a deal. They are quick hitch comp. Any input on the Bush Hogs would be appreciated, looking to buy tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited: