Buying Advice 5083E

/ 5083E #1  

davel745

Hi all

I am thinking of getting a 5083E with a loader and a backhoe.

I would like to hear from those of you that have this machine.

Thanks

Dave

/ 5083E #2  
I have had one for 2 months and 26 hours and I really like it. It is what I think a tractor should be. Good power, good transmission. The only thing I would change is the seat. The stock seat is not very good and I think I might have to take it out and buy something different for it. My back hurts after I run it for several hours. So, if you can swing it, get the air ride seat when you buy it, you will be much happier.

Tractor is really light in the rear when you have the FEL on it only. If you are putting a backhoe on it, then that would keep the rear end down good, and you wouldn't have an issue. I picked up the rear tires off the ground with a scoop of dirt. Need some weight.

Also, I put Michelin Radials on it, and they are light years ahead of the bias tires that came on mine. They ride good and grip very good. I am glad I went ahead and switched them out.

/ 5083E #3  
The only thing I wondered about as far as longetivity was the backhoe using the load control shaft as part of the mounting of the unit. But seem to be holding up, the 553 loader is a better fit than the bigger 563 loader the E series machine has a little trouble providing enough oil to the bigger loader when dumping quickly and can be a pain the M does much better with the bigger loader. Good luck

/ 5083E
Thanks for your comments.

/ 5083E #5  
My cabbed, 5075M with 4-95lb wheel weights is pretty light in the rear end with the 563SL loader, too! It's a lotta loader...

AKfish

/ 5083E #6  
I've had the 5101E for two years. I've got about 280 hours without a single significant issue. I've had to replace a couple of washers and one dust cover. That's it. Fantastic machine. You'll be pleased with it.

/ 5083E #8  
Five productive months with a 5083e. Get the air ride seat option, make much difference. Zero regrets.