New JD 5055e

/ New JD 5055e
I ordered the wear edge from the dealer for $175 OTD. I'll post a pic when I figure out how from my iPhone.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing it.

/ New JD 5055e #23  
Rick,

Good choice. You won't regret having the full size tractor on 33 acres. The long wheel base is worth a lot for ride quality and picking up heavy objects. Plus the lift capacity (3000 pounds) will likely come in handy.

/ New JD 5055e #24  
I looked at them this afternoon and you are correct, they are 16.9-28. Good eye you have there! :)

I thought they looked bigger than the ones on ours, it has 14.9-28's. And they were the upgraded size, the stock 13.6-28's would be pretty small on a tractor this size.

/ New JD 5055e
I thought they looked bigger than the ones on ours, it has 14.9-28's. And they were the upgraded size, the stock 13.6-28's would be pretty small on a tractor this size.

I did not order them, just got lucky I guess. That is how it sat on the dealer's lot. Must have been a special order at one time or another.

/ New JD 5055e #26  
Congrats on your new "toy". I think you will very glad that you went with a little more tractor than you initially thought you needed. I know that I am.

/ New JD 5055e #27  
I'm living across the pasture from you, over here in Burk. I have been considering this model for some haying and other hobby work. I think you got a good one!

/ New JD 5055e
I'm living across the pasture from you, over here in Burk. I have been considering this model for some haying and other hobby work. I think you got a good one!

Hey, neighbor. Welcome to TBN. Isn't this rain fantastic!

/ New JD 5055e #29  
Great looking tractor Rick! Can never complain about 0% for 60 months :thumbsup:.

Just curious, did you check the difference in price between the exact same setup, just with the 5065e instead?

/ New JD 5055e
Just curious, did you check the difference in price between the exact same setup, just with the 5065e instead?

No, but I started out looking at the 5045. It was about $2000 less than the 55. I assume that the 55 is similarly priced compared to the 65. I probably would have been 10 hp happier with the 5065, but I had to put a stop to the escalator somehow. :D