New JD 5055e

/ New JD 5055e #1  

RickS

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 3032e
I took delivery of my 5055e yesterday. Mmmmm, new paint!

I started out looking at the 3038e, thinking that would be enough tractor for me. I have 33 acres that I'm not sure what to do with yet, other than plant something and raise a few animals. Well, along the lines of "buy a bigger tractor than you think you need," I realized I should be looking a little bigger. The 5045/55/65 caught my eye and after some pricing they are close to the 4000 series. I like the larger frame and components of the 5000 series, so that is where I landed.

Specs are: 2011 5055e, 553 fel, JD pallet forks, 6' Frontier boxblade, canopy and loaded rear tires: $29,159. Got 0% interest for 60 months and a $750 bonus for buying two implements.

I have not really run it yet, just putted around. Can't wait to engage the land.

Pictures, of course....

001-9.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-11.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-10.jpg

/ New JD 5055e #3  
Rick,
Nice looking tractor, should work well for you.:thumbsup:

Might I suggest you add a bolt on blade to your bucket before it gets bent.

/ New JD 5055e #4  
You're going love it. Got my 5055e a month ago and since added the WRlong third valve, thumb grapple and wear edge. The 7 ft tiller will be here next week.

/ New JD 5055e
Nice tractor. That a house/shop in the background??

Yes, it is a housebarn for lack of a better term. We are building an apartment in the top of a metal barn.

By the way, I see you are from Canada. We just returned from an airshow where the Snowbirds performed. We were able to meet them and shake hands. Great bunch of guys and awesome pilots. They made Canada proud today in Texas.

/ New JD 5055e #6  
Yes, it is a housebarn for lack of a better term. We are building an apartment in the top of a metal barn.

By the way, I see you are from Canada. We just returned from an airshow where the Snowbirds performed. We were able to meet them and shake hands. Great bunch of guys and awesome pilots. They made Canada proud today in Texas.

Thanks for the compliments. I missed the air show at the CNE, biggest thing I wanted to see was the Osprey.

That is my dream, Apartment above a shop - All in one Paradise. Beautiful pics. :)

/ New JD 5055e #7  
You should have a lot of fun with it. I went with the 5065E and the dealer will deliver it this Friday ......by by Framtrac.

/ New JD 5055e #8  
Good lookin tractor! I love all the 5000e's:thumbsup:

/ New JD 5055e
Might I suggest you add a bolt on blade to your bucket before it gets bent.

Do you have a picture or link for such an item? The cutting edge is pretty thick and the sides are reinforced. I would like to have some iron welded across the top to add hooks to and to beef up the thin metal there.

/ New JD 5055e
That is my dream, Apartment above a shop - All in one Paradise. Beautiful pics. :)

My wife and I have a blog that we try to keep updated with pictures of the barn. Check it out if you want to see the progress to date: sustainablerick.blogspot.com