Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2011 John Deere 110 TLB

Default 110 TLB power beyond/backhoe hose?

I just removed the backhoe from my 110 tlb and I am not real happy with the hose that must be reconnected. It sticks out behind the tractor and is in the way of the three point hitch movement. I assume it must return hydraulic fliud to create a continuious loop for the power beyond? I was thinking of removing the QD from backhoe and install on tractor with the other QD and just have a short hose made to complete the power beyond loop. Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Mechatgsk

Veteran Member GreatWhitehunter's Avatar
    Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

Default Re: 110 TLB power beyond/backhoe hose?

Take a pic, I believe you talking about the power beyond loop that needs to be reconnected to supply a return to the sump. There are a few options but a pic or two would help.

Matt
    Deere 110 TLB, Load Trail Low Pro Dump trailer, 2500HD Duramax, Kawasaki 4010 Mule

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by mechatgsk View Post
    I just removed the backhoe from my 110 tlb and I am not real happy with the hose that must be reconnected. It sticks out behind the tractor and is in the way of the three point hitch movement. I assume it must return hydraulic fliud to create a continuious loop for the power beyond? I was thinking of removing the QD from backhoe and install on tractor with the other QD and just have a short hose made to complete the power beyond loop. Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Mechatgsk

Take a picture of what you have because I never seem to have a problem with mine.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Well... it's kinda long and it can be a bit troublesome keeping it off to the side so it doesn't get in the way of the 3pt when hooking up other implements.

But, it can be done --

I push the male end thru the gap between the ROPS and the inside of the fender and plug it into the female end of the Power Beyond from the top.

Make sense? Nonetheless, it's off to the right side and out of the way of the 3pt and any other attachments.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2011 John Deere 110 TLB

Here are the hose photo's.

Regards,
    Mechatgsk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1683-jpg  

Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

You can definatly shorten that up. Take a garden hose and fit it up the shortest you can with out crimping it. Measure it then go get a hose made. Problem solved.

Matt
    Deere 110 TLB, Load Trail Low Pro Dump trailer, 2500HD Duramax, Kawasaki 4010 Mule

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

I will look at mine tomorrow to compare, certainly don't remember mine being in the way as yours is pictured.

I wouldn't shorten the hose yet, I suspect it wouldn't help with the problem but could make it difficult to hook up the backhoe.

Tractor

Mine's a 2008 model and it's identical to yours.

The male end will fit through the gap between the fender and the ROPS. Square up the flat surface of the male end with the flat side of the fender and slide it thru - bend it around the ROPS tube and connect.

DON'T shorten the hose!!!! As Steve mentioned - it'll make it much harder to disconnect and reconnect the hoe to the tractor.

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    JD 110 TLB

Does that hoes plug into the hoe directly? On the 4000 series that just loops back to the tractor and the hoe has it's own hoes. I was under the impression that hoe removal was the same process on the 110 as the 448/485

Matt

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhitehunter View Post
    Does that hoes plug into the hoe directly? On the 4000 series that just loops back to the tractor and the hoe has it's own hoes. I was under the impression that hoe removal was the same process on the 110 as the 448/485

Matt
    There's 2 hoses. The hose on the tractor and another hose on the backhoe itself.

The male on the tractor hose plugs into the female connector on the hoe - the male hose on the hoe plugs into the female connector on the tractor... makes perfect sense - huh!?!

(I read and re-read that sentence and it confused me! )

Nope - the 110 is a much different attachment than the 4000 series hoe. There are 2 - very large pins that slide into the left/right topside attachment points on the 110 hoe - (you can see the large mount hole in mechatgsk's picture).

The bottom attachment points are similar to the older, 8A-8B hoe. But, much more iron! The hoe frame drops into two, HD hooks on the rear of the tractor.

AKfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast