Buying Advice 1026 Feedback?

/ 1026 Feedback? #2  
Anyone out there? They appear to be selling well, so ought to be some early feedback available.

It's a nicely integrated SCUT; also seems to cost about $2k more than similar equipment from Kubota, MF, etc. Is that just the usual markup for green paint, or does it reflect some special value in design, construction, ease of use, etc.?

Thx-

chelydra

/ 1026 Feedback? #3  
Anyone out there? They appear to be selling well, so ought to be some early feedback available.

It's a nicely integrated SCUT; also seems to cost about $2k more than similar equipment from Kubota, MF, etc. Is that just the usual markup for green paint, or does it reflect some special value in design, construction, ease of use, etc.?

Thx-

chelydra

I have owned BXs for the past eight years and really like them; also own a JD2305. From what I have seen, the 1026R has position control on the 3PH while the BX has quarter inching. It also has a transmission cooling system like larger tractors rather than the plastic fan on the BX and 2305. Additionally it has a quick attach FEL, BH and MMM.

If all of these work as advertised the $2000 difference seems justified to me.

/ 1026 Feedback? #4  
I have a 1026R. I had some initial issues with the auto connect deck not working as it should. The issues have been fixed. I have a 60" deck, 48" box blade and a front end loader. I'm building a new house and this tractor has been well worth it. The box blade and a harrow did a fantastic job of cleaning up the dozer work. The F.E L was a huge help in pushing brush, debris etc. I used the mower in my old house a few times this year. The mower cut very well, had more power then I needed. You better tie your bonnet on when you fire up the mower. This baby cuts! Sips fuel. The hydro is very smooth and the seat is very comfortable. Effortless to go from forward to reverse. 1026R is a perfect size for my needs and is bigger then it thinks it is. I can't wait for snow and the blower I am going to order. ( Sorry for the wish)

Attachments

• tractor in prefinish yard.jpg
    tractor in prefinish yard.jpg
    833.3 KB · Views: 579
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 590
  • yard after harrow.jpg
    yard after harrow.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 462
   / 1026 Feedback?
Thanks. I've been looking at SCUTS for a couple years now. Was mowing/bush hogging half or more of my property with my JD lawn tractor for this time and occasionally borrowing and renting tractors to bush hog when it got out of hand. Haven't kept up with it this summer and is way too out of hand to mow now. I live about 4 miles from my other property and have over 3 acres here and mow most of it too; just can't make time to keep up with the property.

I had looked at the 2305, but was more focused on the BX2660 until this new 1026 came out and I've seen how handy the features are. Would like to know what owners think. Position control seems to be a big deal.

/ 1026 Feedback? #6  
For some, position control is a big deal and for others it's not. I am in the camp of it being important. Another thing that I like about John Deere is the location of the steering linkage behind the axle. I have torn the boots off of my BX when hitting brush and bought Bro Tek plates to help protect them.

My wife and I are very happy with our BX2660, but the new features on the 1026R really make it an attractive piece of equipment.

/ 1026 Feedback? #7  
These replies are helpful. I'm unlikely ever to use 3PH attachments (except ballast box), and don't have enough lawn to justify even a mini-riding mower. So the convenience of the mid-mount attachment and rear implement controls would only matter for resale.

The handy quick-change between loader and snowblower could be really useful here. Also the ability to add factory BH if I ever need one again and have the money to spare - can't do that with the Massey SCUTs.

So - tough choice, with the JD/loader/blower/ballast box at around $18~19k (plus tax/delivery) and MF GC2400 or Kubota BX2360 closer to $16k. And lots of low-hour used, repo and trade-in BXs around - price seems to drop about $2k as soon as it leaves the dealer, and the warranty transfers. But that easy changeover looks better and better the older and creakier I get...

/ 1026 Feedback? #8  
These replies are helpful. I'm unlikely ever to use 3PH attachments (except ballast box), and don't have enough lawn to justify even a mini-riding mower. So the convenience of the mid-mount attachment and rear implement controls would only matter for resale.

The handy quick-change between loader and snowblower could be really useful here. Also the ability to add factory BH if I ever need one again and have the money to spare - can't do that with the Massey SCUTs.

So - tough choice, with the JD/loader/blower/ballast box at around $18~19k (plus tax/delivery) and MF GC2400 or Kubota BX2360 closer to $16k. And lots of low-hour used, repo and trade-in BXs around - price seems to drop about $2k as soon as it leaves the dealer, and the warranty transfers. But that easy changeover looks better and better the older and creakier I get...

Well, at 64 I am pretty old and creaky, maybe even a bit creepy too, so ease of use is really important to me as well. If my uses were the same as yours though, I don't think I could justify the extra $2000. The FEL changeover on the BX may no be quite as easy as the JD, but is very easy; can do it in well under five minutes.

The ability to add a factory backhoe might be important though which you can't do with a BX, you would have to get one from Woods.

/ 1026 Feedback? #9  
The position control and proper transmission cooling really raised the bar for Kubota. Seems that Kubota is the only manufacturer that has quarter inching values on the overwhelming majority of the SCUTs and CUTs they make. The entire BX line still has the transmission cooling fan, which is acceptable only if you are mowing. I would be destroying a fan once a month in my woods.

/ 1026 Feedback? #10  
The position control and proper transmission cooling really raised the bar for Kubota. Seems that Kubota is the only manufacturer that has quarter inching values on the overwhelming majority of the SCUTs and CUTs they make. The entire BX line still has the transmission cooling fan, which is acceptable only if you are mowing. I would be destroying a fan once a month in my woods.

You can add Bro Tek skid plates to the BX for woods use, but agree you shouldn't have to and I really like position control.

I believe Kubota is going to have to do a redesign to retain market share.