JD 5083e -opinions?

/ JD 5083e -opinions? #1  

bunchgrass

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 8540
Well - I've been checking out the orange machines (Kubota) in the 70-80HP range but recently came across a JD 5083e w/ cab/MFWD and loader w/ only 25 hrs on it. Asking price is almost ($44,000) $10,000 less than comparable Kubota (as best I can tell).

So what does the "e" series mean for JD? Any thoughts on "stuff" I should try and negotiate added on? I do need to have a 3 fuction joystick/loader. Pallet forks?

Does the JD e series use quick attach loader bucket?

/ JD 5083e -opinions?
Here's my info regarding the Kubota price:

M8540HDC 4WD Cab $53,832.00 (MSRP) $51,000(Dealer)

Not sure why so much discrepency. So what are you saying this tractor should sell for if what I'm showing is more like 125HP price? Thanks.

/ JD 5083e -opinions? #4  
Pricing seems a little off on JD also. I'm looking and comparing as well with 5083E on my short list. I've been quoted less than price above for brand new. When looking at Kubota they were quoting me higher than JD as well but dont think it was $10k higher.

/ JD 5083e -opinions?
I know - the 5083e price is right at list if you build one on the JD website (MSRP) and that ain't happenin'.

But I think the tractor gods ar espeaking to me - I just fixed the broken spindle on the right front of my MF 265 2 days ago and today, after less than an hour, I got a flat on the other front wheel.:mad:

/ JD 5083e -opinions? #6  
No better time to buy than when emotional and upset at current..... oh wait, that is how I got into current situation with boat. Not one of my smarter moves:confused2:

/ JD 5083e -opinions? #7  
I know - the 5083e price is right at list if you build one on the JD website (MSRP) and that ain't happenin'.

But I think the tractor gods ar espeaking to me - I just fixed the broken spindle on the right front of my MF 265 2 days ago and today, after less than an hour, I got a flat on the other front wheel.:mad:

It can also depend on which loader you are looking at for the 5083e, the 563 sl loader is more than 4k than the std 553 loader.

/ JD 5083e -opinions? #8  
The 5083e is a spec tractor for deere and designed to hit a price point and average use point for them.

Turns out, they nailed it with that tractor. The only mistake they made is not having a 5075e in the lineup.

It's a really nice utility tractor and meets or beats the specs from their competitors at a better price. It comes in at a better price than NH, Case, or Kubota.

the M series are the deluxe tractors for Deere, and they are. They are priced that way too.

As you found out, they are probably asking too much for that one but there is always room to negotiate. It is basically a new tractor. I have seen demo tractors with more hours than that.

If it meets your needs, you could make worse choices by far.

/ JD 5083e -opinions?
Thanks for your input. I did learn something today about the 'e series' tractors. The E Limited (83 - 101 hp) uses a wet clutch setup while the regular E series (70 and down) use a dry clutch and isn't available with the shuttle reverser shift :( The dealer also felt that the frame of the tractor was heavier on the M series.

Comparison of the M and E requires pouring over the brochures looking for differences (like old Sesame Street song "One of these things is not like the other....")

/ JD 5083e -opinions? #10  
Thanks for your input. I did learn something today about the 'e series' tractors. The E Limited (83 - 101 hp) uses a wet clutch setup while the regular E series (70 and down) use a dry clutch and isn't available with the shuttle reverser shift :( The dealer also felt that the frame of the tractor was heavier on the M series.

Comparison of the M and E requires pouring over the brochures looking for differences (like old Sesame Street song "One of these things is not like the other....")

If you compare an E side by side with an M in person you will see there is a big difference in the two. The M is a heavier duty full featured tractor with more robust rear end, better transmission choices and better hydraulics.