4x10 Promotional Video?

/ 4x10 Promotional Video? #1  

timb

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 4710/reverser, JD 318 (still needs TLC), JD LT160
There was a lot of chat here about the original 4000-series promo video JD put out. Was there / is there an equivalent for the 4x10 series? If so, can you get it via the JD website or only via a dealer?

The only thing I found on the JD site so far was a 1-hour safety video for the 4000's.

Tim

/ 4x10 Promotional Video? #2  
hi,i got to see the video my dealer had about the new ten series tractors,but i'm still waiting for a comparative video between the big 3.i requested it from the jd web site about 4 weeks ago,they said it was on it's way but have yet to receive it.i bought a 4310 anyway but would still like to see the video.

/ 4x10 Promotional Video?
mopar - was there a part # you ordered? Any cost?

/ 4x10 Promotional Video? #4  
no,no part number or cost,just went to the web site,contact them section,and requested a video about the comparision's.if i ever get it is another question /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifthey always answered my email though,so hopefully the video will arrive.i'm going to give it another week or two then ask what happened to it.

mopar - well, we'll see what if anything shows up for either of us.

Interesting - those who are familiar with bouncing around the JD site probably realize that any given page - even though it may look similar - may have links that react differently depending on how you got there (through the agricultural door, homeowner door, etc.,

I posted a message via the "contact" link off of the 4000 series main page, which I got to via the "ag door" and got the following response (emphasis mine)

<font color="green"> ...You submitted your e-mail to me in the Agricultural / Farm Equipment Division. However, the 4000 Ten Series Compact Utility Tractors are not categorized as Agricultural / Farm Equipment. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif They are classified as Commercial & Consumer Equipment Division (C & CE) although they are very popular machines and are often sold through JD Ag / C&CE combination dealerships. </font>

They also gave me the name of the 15 minute 4x10 "promo" tape (not the old comparison tape) ...so I resubmitted my request and included the tape name by coming in through the "homeowners door".

The ag division contact must have forwarded my initial request to the C&CE contact as they emailed me to let me know that "the literature I requested would be sent" and that I "could check at www.johndeere.com to determine what videos are currently available for purchase". Of course I had already checked that list and the only 4000-related tape is the hour-long safety tape.

I haven't gotten a specific response to my second message from the C&CE contact yet.

Ah well, we shall see.

/ 4x10 Promotional Video? #6  
Timb, in reference to the difference in AFE and C&CE to get info it also relates to the dealers. I'am not saying one is better than another,just that their $'s come from differnt locations. I believe the ag. comes from Columbus, C&CE from Raleigh,NC. A dealer may be under the Ag. dealership program and still be a large dealer of CUT's, but their direction,$'s are looked at from the Ag division, not C&CE. This probaly has little effect on any thing, except when certain programs are over,or out of warranty issues arise.

/ 4x10 Promotional Video? #7  
I got my 4x10 video free from the web site. Seems like it did take a while to get. It does a pretty good job of showing all the implements in use, otherwise just typical marketing fluff.

/ 4x10 Promotional Video? #8  
I looked at site thinking I would find a blurb or something on tape. I couldn't find anything. Is it mentioned or do I just go to contacts and ask for it via email?

That's all I did - now we'll see what shows up. The only video on the 4000's listed on the "normal" video page is the safety video. That might not be bad to have though. mopar will probably get the first mailing but he's been waiting awhile already.

Well Mopar - did anything ever show up from JD for you? I have yet to receive a video or paper literature - still waiting.

Tim