Bought a 4105 this morning

/ Bought a 4105 this morning #1  

kfvintx

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4105
Just signed the paperwork on a new 4105. Expected pickup is tomorrow afternoon. Was originally thinking about 5055D but decided the 4105 will be better for me now knowing the 5055D won't do everything I intend to need it for in the future and can't swing the 5101E that I want right now. They put together a nice little package for me and couldn't be happier -- 4105 with loader, cutter, box blade, post hole, disc and round bale spear all on a trailer.

Getting into the hobby farm/ranch life on 172 acre family ranch that granddad always ran but has been leased out since his passing in 1999. Timing in life was never right for me until now. With 3 daughters all under 9 I'm thinking now is a good time to start showing them and teaching them some values in life that can only happen with hard work on a ranch. Keeping the day job but will be getting up there more often and getting everything back into shape as I remember it from growing up....... amazing how much gets neglected in the fields and barn and fences and gates when leased out. Eventually hope to get production of hay field back up to even make a few $$$ but that's not what I'm doing this for. Lots of mesquite and cedar trees to remove and weed control and fertilize to be done over the next couple years.

As a recap -- I bought a tractor and implements and pics will be coming to prove it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Bought a 4105 this morning #2  
Glad to hear you are getting back to the home place to teach some hard work and values to your kids. I believe if more kids grew up this way the world would be a better place. My wife asks me all the time "how do you know how to do all this stuff". I just tell her growing up we had a lot to do and a lot of worn out stuff that needed fixing. We had to do it ourselves because we could not afford to pay someone else to do it. Good luck and have fun.

/ Bought a 4105 this morning #3  
Congratulations on the quality of life up grade and the new tractor.:thumbsup: There is nothing like spending time fixing up the old homeplace, I helped my dad with this as a teenager and learned alot from the experience. That is why I still like tractors and working the ground today, lots of good memories.

The 4105 will be a real help with all the repair projects without breaking the bank. I have always found there is something that needs attention and money at every turn, but you have something to build on. Good luck to you and your family.

Looking at your handle are you in Vinton,TX?

/ Bought a 4105 this morning #5  
Congrats on the new life, and the new tractor.

We went through something similar to you, only my 2 boys were older when we bought this 10 acres in a very rural area in SW MO. Regardless, it's been fascinating to watch them learn about "traditional" skills/values - important things like how to use a fence tool or the right way to attach a logging chain to an old stump you're trying to move.

My younger son, who is in college now, tells me regularly how he is the only one among his friends who has his own toolbox, and that most of them have no idea what a crescent wrench is, let alone how to use one. Seriously.

Culture/value-wise, one of the most interesting things about rural life is the "fix it" vs. "throw it away and buy another" contrast. Around here, things get patched back together. Where I grew up, and most of the places I travel for my work, no one thinks they have the time to fix something. Or maybe it's the skill...

So good for you!

/ Bought a 4105 this morning #6  
Congrats on new tractor.I bought one of those in march on a package deal
One best things I did to it is put a tooth bar from john deere on bucket made it dig a lot better and it rips brush up roots and all. Only problem I have had is with PTO not disengaging. Had parcel power they put a new pto solenoid . Other than that I really like it has plenty of power

Have fun and enjoy.

/ Bought a 4105 this morning
Pic to prove it. Only one for now but more to come.

Attachments

• image-4106897172.png
    image-4106897172.png
    845.7 KB · Views: 533
   / Bought a 4105 this morning #8  
I'm hoping you got the john Deere Imatch? If not I would invest in one

/ Bought a 4105 this morning #9  
sweet new ride! I also highly recommend the imatch, it makes attaching 3 point implements much easier. :thumbsup:

/ Bought a 4105 this morning #10  
I LOVE my 4105 , its got so much power for a smalll tractor . Its a great tractor , very happy with mine ! .