rate calculator for JD FB-C grain drill

/ rate calculator for JD FB-C grain drill #1  

mdusenbury

We are looking for a rate calculator for a JD FB-C grain drill. Does anyone know of one for sale or suggest where we might find one?
Mary

/ rate calculator for JD FB-C grain drill #2  
The original sticker that would have went on the box is no longer available. The charts are in the operators manual and can still be bought from a dealer omn159217.

/ rate calculator for JD FB-C grain drill #3  
We are looking for a rate calculator for a JD FB-C grain drill. Does anyone know of one for sale or suggest where we might find one?
Mary

I don't trust rate calculators on those old drills. A few years ago I did a complete restoration on a pair of Minneapolis Moline P3-6 drills (10-ft wide, 20 feeds, single disc openers). I used parts from both to make one good drill. The rate calculators were badly rusted and pretty useless.

I calibrated the drill I use for my hayfield by jacking it up with plastic pans underneath, turning the drive wheels the required number of revolutions for 1 acre and then weighing the seed in the catch pans. Repeated this for several settings on the feed cup position controls. It takes a few hours but it's accurate.

DSCF0184 (Small).JPGDSCF0186 (Small).JPGDSCF0189 (Small).JPGDSCF0192 (Small).JPG

Good luck.

/ rate calculator for JD FB-C grain drill #4  
Mary

Like these ... Pictures of My JD-FB seed and fertilizer charts.

Attachments

• 102_7326.JPG
    102_7326.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 2,044
  • 102_7327.JPG
    102_7327.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 5,783
  • 102_7328.JPG
    102_7328.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 2,010