John Deere 4010 Wide Front question

/ John Deere 4010 Wide Front question #1  

stano4010

Tractor
john deere 4010
Hello.. My Dad said he would sell the 1962 John Deere 4010D which he has dad since 1963.. I said that I would like first bid on the tractor and he said OK.. So I donot own it yet. I first drove this tractor the first day he got it when I was 11 years old and have already spent many-many hours on this tractor since then. He had a G John Deere before the 4010 and the G was very hard for me to turn..

I have not been watching or looking for a wide front before now for a 4010. So I am in the dark about them right now.

How hard is it to find a john deere wide front with hubs for a 4010 that would be in good used condition needing minor repair if needed and paint. Right now I would not be looking for aftermarket..

About what price are they going for?

Thank You for your help.

/ John Deere 4010 Wide Front question #2  
So your dad's is a narrow front end?

You might consider not limiting your selection to just the 4010 as there are other front ends that might fit and be better to have. There has been one poster here who I can't recall that has installed upgraded Deere front ends on his 4020, think he used a 5030 front end. The wide front ends on the 4010 and 4020 were not as robust as I would have liked. At any rate knowing which Deere front ends will interchange with your tractor should improve your chances of finding something that will work for you.

/ John Deere 4010 Wide Front question #3  
I'm pretty sure that the front axles from the early 1970's 30 series tractors (4030, 4230, 4430....) will fit and are stronger......go to ytmag.com do the deere forum and ask there, those guys are very knowledgeable on the ag equipment.