Price Check 5083e and 5085m pricing?

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #1  

pheasantboy

Narrowed down to the 5083e and 5085m. First the M -3 rear and mid svc's a, air ride seat, FEL w skid steer setup and bucket and deluxe open station. E series (cab of course), air ride seat, 3 rear and 3 mid svc's (3rd one is dealer add on) FEL w skid steer and bucket

Quoted low 52k for each
oh yea -2012 models

are they in the ballpark of what y'all seeing

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #2  
The 5083E should be a lot less expensive. With a loader it should be low to mid 40's before taxes out the door. The 5085M with the cab should be at least 10K higher. It has more options and is a bigger beefier tractor. That said, the 5083 is no slouch and may do what you want just fine.

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #3  
The 5085M is alot more tractor in every way, to get an idea of what these tractors should cost I recommend you price them on the JD configurator and get the msrp price. Then deduct about 15 to 18% that should put you in the ballpark. Putting a number to a tractor depends on what option it has and this can make a huge difference in the final selling price.

Have you compared the 5083E to a 5085M side by side? These are really two different tractors with the 5085M being the heavy duty model.

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #4  
I ended up around 16% below MSRP on my 5075M. That wasn't the lowest quote I got, though... but the lower dealer didn't make me feel confident that he'd be able to come through the deal without some "last minute" hangups or problems that would end up costing me more money, anyways.

So, I went with the next lowest bid and a better "peace of mind"! :D

As other's have stated - try to look the tractors over on the dealer's lot if possible. Considerable difference between machines.

That may or may not be an issue -- alot depends upon how you plan to use the tractor and what future purposes you might have in mind.

AKfish

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #5  
I bought mine a year and a half ago with the 563 loader and global quick attach for 41,800. That also included the heavy duty bucket with bolt on cutting edge and forks. Great tractor, but if I could do it all over again I would go with the M series for the heavier frame, hydraulic capacity, better tires and all the goodies in the cab. Absolutely no regrets on going Deere though.

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing?
Thanks Gentleman
going with the M series

I will let you know where I end up (ie % discount from MSRP)

it will be the 2012 model series!!

6 yrs in the waiting

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #7  
Thanks Gentleman
going with the M series

I will let you know where I end up (ie % discount from MSRP)

it will be the 2012 model series!!

6 yrs in the waiting

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the "fruits" of your waiting!! :thumbsup:

AKfish

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #8  
Pheasantboy,

I would see if you could sneak a cab onto the 5085M as well. Can't go wrong with a cab even with the extra couple bucks up front.

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #9  
I was in the same position as you about 9 months ago. I was struggling with the price difference between the E series vs M series. I had to search for a while until I found a dealer that had both tractors sitting side by side. HUGE DIFFERENCE! You will find the M series is a lot more beefier tractor. I ended up buying a loaded 5105m (deluxe cab, 32/16, 2 front/3 rear remotes, w/ 563 loader) for less than $62,000 (delivered in August 2011). You should be able to get a loaded 5085M with deluxe cab and loader in the mid $50's. I have no regrets for spending the extra money for the M.
If I could give you one piece of advice it would be to get both tractors side by side, study them closely and then drive them. That's what sold me.

/ 5083e and 5085m pricing? #10  
Just spent some time at Deere and saw the 2012 5083e tractor. What a change from 2010. Biggest difference is the cab. Has the side console like the M-series, but with just a few less dodads. The whole tractor is green instead of the ugly black frame like before. Rear remotes are just like the M with metal lines instead of the rubber. Only part I don't like is the anti-sway uses chains instead of the bars with pins and the lift eyes are cat II only. Total out the door is 47k and I couldn't help myself and traded in the 2010. Comes with the new style loader instead of the 563. In that price is an air ride seat and third function valve.