TC-30 v. JD 790

/ TC-30 v. JD 790 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm looking at each of these machines, and I need help sorting them out. The local price difference favors JD by nearly $1000 ... but I want the best machine, not the cheapest. I've always heard that you pay more for green paint ... but blue seems pricey, too.

(They are all too pricey, if you ask me.)

/ TC-30 v. JD 790 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( you pay more for green paint)</font>

As you see, not always true anymore...

While I am a Deere fan, I wonder about the 790s 3PH capacity
815lbs. vs TC30s 1635lbs

I am sure this has been discussed before...

BTW be sure to check around on pricing, I had a $3800.00 differance in my quotes. Also, factor in incentives, if financing. Maybe a Deere 4210 might not be much more, when financing...

/ TC-30 v. JD 790
Well, the 3pt lift limit is important ... I could have some round bales made smaller, say around 1000lb, and still lift them with the TC-30. Can't say the same for the 790.

And, after all, I won't have to deal with every Know-it-all saying "You sure pay for green paint" every time I turn around if I just buy blue ... even though it is more expensive.

Come to think of it ... I think I have made a decision.

/ TC-30 v. JD 790 #4  
I like green paint as well as orange and blue paint but here are a couple of other differences between the TC30 and the 790 that I've noticed. The TC30 has its exhaust ported through the side of the hood while the 790 has the stack up above. The TC30 also has an available hydro while the 790 does not.