1026r vs. 2520

/ 1026r vs. 2520
I was offered a 1023e if I was certain that they wouldn't be taking it back. I declined. I'm not doubting the power to weight ratio of the 1026r. Just might need a little more lift and dig ability. Does anyone know how 200cx and h120 lift heights compare?

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #32  
So if it were me I would consider renting the larger stuff to knock out the major work and then use the subcompact or garden tractor for the balance of the work and maintaining the present lawn. You really only need a garden tractor size for the long haul mowing and snowblowing. The larger equipment would be short term maybe a month total working weekends.

If you want to take your time and do it all with your own equipment a 2720 would be a better choice than a 2520 as the higher hp will allow you to climb the steeper hills without bogging down. IMO, these are marginally better for cleanup jobs such as you will have over the GT and SCUT and wouldn't be as good for mowing long term.

JDTank, Gizmo2, Paystar
Excerpt from my first post, I meant " RENT the larger machines for the major work, BUY a subcompact or garden tractor". I never said buy a 4520 and I don't think I made a strong arguement fot a 2x20 tractor either as these are "marginally better" . You can rent for alot less than buying and depending on the job he may not need to rent at all.

My 1st choice would be the x749 long term and for those who want to have a fel for long term would be the 1026R. These two machines are very close in price, the x749 has a lower cog than the 1026R and is more manueverable. The 1026R is capable of having a small fel, has position control and a few other things that makes it more flexible for other attachments. I think either of these two is likely a good choice, and Xskier has already placed an order for the 1026R.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #33  
I'm not doubting the power to weight ratio of the 1026r. Just might need a little more lift and dig ability.

Only got 8 hours on my 1026R so far, and haven't run at full power yet. But it seems to have plenty even at about 2500 RPM - maybe 70%? I have noticed that the same available power seems to do somewhat less work with this very light and small-wheeled machine. But technique helps there. And the small size and amazingly tight turning radius open up a lot of options, at least for me, that more than compensate for size and weight.

/ 1026r vs. 2520
I think either of these two is likely a good choice, and Xskier has already placed an order for the 1026R.

No return call from the 1026r dealer today... Perhaps I should stop by there in the morning to say hello?

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #35  
I was offered a 1023e if I was certain that they wouldn't be taking it back. I declined. I'm not doubting the power to weight ratio of the 1026r. Just might need a little more lift and dig ability. Does anyone know how 200cx and h120 lift heights compare?

I would caution anyone using a fel on slopes, this can get dangerous fast when lifting a load to full height. Don't know about the 1026R but the 2520 will lift high enough to dump into my 14k dump trailer without problems.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #36  
No return call from the 1026r dealer today... Perhaps I should stop by there in the morning to say hello?

Did the dealer give you a delivery date when you made the deal?

My experience is the equipment has arrived on the expected date or a bit sooner.

/ 1026r vs. 2520
jenkinsph said:
Did the dealer give you a delivery date when you made the deal?

My experience is the equipment has arrived on the expected date or a bit sooner.

Yep, "Deere says Nov. 18, usually three days before then" were his exact words. The deal was made on Nov. 7.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #38  
If space is a concern and it appears to be the 1026r is the machine to go with.
I was in the same dilemma 3 months ago over 1026r and 2320.
I have finished the job I originally wanted the tractor/FEL for and realized the whole time, the 2320, although it has more capacity and power would have been too big to do the job without property damage.
Take your time, move the mountain one bucket at a time...the 1026r was the only machine that would have worked for me.

Good luck and let us know when it finally arrives.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #39  
I hate to say it, but you should have kept the 425. Then the 2520 would be the perfect compliment. In fact, I suggest going back to that. Get a used 425/445/455 and then a heavier tractor for the serious work. And if you want to spend the same kind of money, look elsewhere besides JD, like the Kioti CK20 or CK27 or Bobcat equivalent. The few thousands $ difference will let you buy back a 400 series for the mowing.

I have a CK25/425 combo. Works great, and I won't give up my 425 until I can afford an X749. It's an awesome garden tractor/mower.

Otherwise, best bet is to rent for the big jobs and stay with your 1026r purchase.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #40  
I hate to say it, but you should have kept the 425. Then the 2520 would be the perfect compliment. In fact, I suggest going back to that. Get a used 425/445/455 and then a heavier tractor for the serious work. And if you want to spend the same kind of money, look elsewhere besides JD, like the Kioti CK20 or CK27 or Bobcat equivalent. The few thousands $ difference will let you buy back a 400 series for the mowing.

I have a CK25/425 combo. Works great, and I won't give up my 425 until I can afford an X749. It's an awesome garden tractor/mower.

Otherwise, best bet is to rent for the big jobs and stay with your 1026r purchase.

Sounds a whole lot liike what I suggested and was chastised for.:)