1026r vs. 2520

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #42  
I think the question of single vs. multiple machines often comes down to things not related to the machines themselves. Things like financing, storage space for the equipment, time spent on and cost of maintenance.

When I bought my 2520, I wanted it to serve all my needs, but I also kept my old 316 with the idea that I would use it for close mowing where the 2520 would not fit. The truth is that the 316 just takes up space in my garage and I have used nothing but the 2520 for mowing and all other tasks.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #43  
Yeah, everyone's situation is different. But, the OP did say that he was considering buying a cheap mowing tractor. So, why not consider options where you spend the same total money but get a better ensemble of equipment? I know I'd have a hard time going from a mowing with a 425 to mowing with a cheapo department store lawn tractor.

/ 1026r vs. 2520
That was a large factor, as the 425 was such a sweetheart. I test drove the 2320 this morning along with the 1026r. I also removed and installed both mower decks. The verdict; the 1026r is much smoother in regards to engine, trans, controls, seating, deck change over, and even all of the control levers.

Thanks for all of the input on this question, it was all taken into consideration. I think this tractor will work ok over the next few years. It's too soon for me to tell as the boss has spent more time on it than I have

Enjoy,

995ce9f8.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/xskier/6255a88b.mp4

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #45  
That was a large factor, as the 425 was such a sweetheart. I test drove the 2320 this morning along with the 1026r. I also removed and installed both mower decks. The verdict; the 1026r is much smoother in regards to engine, trans, controls, seating, deck change over, and even all of the control levers.

Thanks for all of the input on this question, it was all taken into consideration. I think this tractor will work ok over the next few years. It's too soon for me to tell as the boss has spent more time on it than I have

Enjoy,

995ce9f8.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/xskier/6255a88b.mp4

you will love it - and it will take great care of you as you followed forum rule #1 - post a picture :thumbsup:

but you are doomed and will need a 3720 cabed for yourself now as you broke forum rule #2 - never let the wife drive :)

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #46  
you will love it - and it will take great care of you as you followed forum rule #1 - post a picture :thumbsup:

but you are doomed and will need a 3720 cabed for yourself now as you broke forum rule #2 - never let the wife drive :)
That's what I'm thinkin!

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #47  
Well, I just ordered a 1026r with FEL, wheel weights and a rear blade. I plan to add a rear mounted mower from Tractor Supply next time I get a 10% off coupon. This will handle our place in PA. We have a 2720 on our place in Maine, with a FEL, tiller, rotary cutter, post hole digger and chipper.

/ 1026r vs. 2520 #48  
gwbarnes said:
Well, I just ordered a 1026r with FEL, wheel weights and a rear blade. I plan to add a rear mounted mower from Tractor Supply next time I get a 10% off coupon. This will handle our place in PA. We have a 2720 on our place in Maine, with a FEL, tiller, rotary cutter, post hole digger and chipper.

Congrats on the new tractor!!