Tractor Sizing Looking for advice on what tractor I need

/ Looking for advice on what tractor I need #1  

Gary_in_Indiana

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4200 MFWD HST w/ JD 420 FEL w/ 61" loader bucket & toothbar & JD 37 BH w/ 12" bucket
I got a 2001 JD 4200 w/ FEL & BH about a decade ago and and looking to move up a bit but haven't looked at tractors in about that long so am really out of the loop. I know Deere went from the 4000's to the 4000 tens then the 4000 twenties but kind of lost complete track after that. I'd like to get something used that's bigger than the 4200 with MFWD & hydro transmission but beyond that I'm open. What models should I be considering at this point?

/ Looking for advice on what tractor I need #2  
You probably have the best idea of what you really need... based upon how you use your current tractor and factoring in whatever future projects you've got in mind.

If 25hp at the pto covers all your current and projected needs and you like the frame size and weight of your 4200 - maybe look at either the 25-2720 or the 3320.

AKfish

/ Looking for advice on what tractor I need
You probably have the best idea of what you really need... based upon how you use your current tractor and factoring in whatever future projects you've got in mind.

If 25hp at the pto covers all your current and projected needs and you like the frame size and weight of your 4200 - maybe look at either the 25-2720 or the 3320.

AKfish

Reading your reply showed me how poorly I asked my question. Please take a look at this for my effort to do better:

Which tractor for haying 15-20 acres? - TractorByNet.com

/ Looking for advice on what tractor I need #4  
My brother has a 5103 that he hays with. They stopped making them a couple of years ago. Think the 5d? replaced them. Aside from the ugly flat-top fenders, the thing is flawless.over 2500 hours now and no issues.

/ Looking for advice on what tractor I need #5