Curtis cabs

/ Curtis cabs #1  

Wjaeger99

Tractor
John deere 2305
Hello all,

I am considering purchasing a curtis cab for my john deere 2305 and have a few questions for any of you familiar with them on a tractor. Are they easy to take on and off? I have the 260 backhoe with swivel seat need to make sure i can remove the cab in the summer. Are they noisey?, from rattling etc, i have a curtis cab on my atv and i had to cable tie the roof on to stop some off the rattles. Is the heater worth it?

Before i purchase or if i purchase the cab should i be looking at trading to 1026. I dont think the cabs are interchangable from the 2305 to 1026. I have seen the 1026, never driven one. I currently have the cx200 loader, jd 47 snowblower, 54 inch deck, and 260 backhoe, 48 inch boxblade. I am going to get the bradcoe 30 inch trencher and a post hole digger for it next year.

Thanks for you input!

/ Curtis cabs #2  
I paid the dealer to put my hard-side cab on. That was money well spent. It came in a cardboard box with a partial wood frame around the edges. The package was 3' wide, 5' tall and about 6 inches thick. No way am I ever taking it off.

The cab its self is not noisy but the noise from the engine reverberates into the cab and it is noisier than an open station.

I enjoy the heater and the defrost fan is also needed to keep the windows clear at times. A lite jacket is all that is needed unless the sun is shining, then you may not need even a shirt!

/ Curtis cabs #3  
Welcome to TBN 99. I had a Curtis cab shipped out for my 4200 a number of years ago. Due to their flimsy shipping container it was damaged, and I sent it back. From what I saw of the parts quality, I wrote off Curtis.

You've got actual experience with them on your ATV/UTV and it sounds like you're not exactly thrilled with the build quality.

The Curtis cab comes in multiple pieces, so once it's on, it's pretty much on unless you dismantle it piece by piece. The doors should be removable for summer work just by lifting them off the hinge pins.

Personally I'd look at other aftermarket cabs before making that big a purchase. Let me know if you want cab links and I'll post them.

/ Curtis cabs #4  
I had a hard sided curtis cab on my then 2007 2305, and now I have one on my 2520. As far as I'm concerned they are very well made, having had two of them with no issues. On the 2305 the dealer had to take it off to do some work on the mower deck knob, as I watched it took a 1/2 hour to take it off needing two guys to handle it. On my 2520 there are 10 bolts to take out. I have a over head circuit box with plug in disconnects for the wiring also. I have no need however to take it off unless there is some mechanical work that may need to be done. The doors come off in the summer the front window pops open a little and you can easily take out the back window. The heater is great needing only a shirt to blow snow, but you do need a circulating fan blowing toward the window to help with defrosting. There are no rattles of any kind, that could be of how well It was put on. You can definitely hear the noise of the engine and the snow blower when its running, nothing that obnoxious.

/ Curtis cabs
Thanks for the input!

Yes my yamaha rhino cab noise is bad because the motor sits between the driver and passenger. The cab is a removable one and it is abs plastic, do there is going to be some rattling on tough terrain.

Nobody has pics of the the rear of the tractor with a hard doors/ windows, does that slide out in the summer? Are there any blinds spots or is viewing pretty good overall. Does curtis make a defrost fan for there cabs?

/ Curtis cabs #6  
Yes curtis sells a defrost fan but its pricey, I bought one from a Rv store for $20.00. The view is pretty good I haven't had any problems. Search this forum under search forums at the top of this thread page type in, new 2520, on page 2 there are some pics of my tractor.

/ Curtis cabs #7  
Thanks for the input!

Yes my yamaha rhino cab noise is bad because the motor sits between the driver and passenger. The cab is a removable one and it is abs plastic, do there is going to be some rattling on tough terrain.

Nobody has pics of the the rear of the tractor with a hard doors/ windows, does that slide out in the summer? Are there any blinds spots or is viewing pretty good overall. Does curtis make a defrost fan for there cabs?

The doors come off easily. The rear window comes out by removing 6 bolts. The panel has to stay in or the entire cab can be removed. But that means you have to deal with the cab wiring and heater hoses.

As with any cab, there are blind spots but you will quickly figure a way to work around them.

Attachments

• P4080245 [].JPG
    P4080245 [].JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 783
   / Curtis cabs #9  
The Laurin cab looks far superior to the Curtis on the 2305; but I'm sure it comes with a hefty price difference too.

/ Curtis cabs #10  
I have been around quite a few curtis cabs over the years. For the money IMAO I think they are the best... for the money. Yea Laurin's are nice but they are spendy and I never felt they where any quiter (sp?) Deere, Kubota, others use curtis as an oem orderable option for lots of items. front mount mowers, garden tractors, etc. I have a friend with an x700 with a curtis cab that he built an overhead hoist in his garage so that he could run a strap under the roof lid, undo the 1/2 dozen or so bolts and lift away. Once assembled it is a rop's certified enclosure.