DEERE 425 W/LOADER

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #1  

Anonymous Poster

HOW DOES THE TRACTOR HANDLE WITH ONLY 2 WHEEL DRIVE.
DOES IT TURN WELL INTO HILLS AND DEPRESSIONS.

THANKS FOR THE INFO

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #2  
G KIBIT,
Before the four wheel drive tractor really came about,the two wheel drive tractor did just fine and still do. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
Depending on what time of season you plan on really useing the two wheel drive tractor,you might want to consider a good set of tire chains and weight.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER
Thanks Thomas,
I will be landscaping rough terrain, moving crushed stone
on my drive and road. This winter I will be moving snow
and ice piles also. Have a 20 year old JD314 w/54" blade
that never missed a beat but I now need a loader. Am
leaning toward the Bx1800

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #4  
G KIBIT
If you have the time check out some of the problems in which some of the gentlemen had with the BX models.

Maybe you might want to go a tad heavier model for the work in which you have line up??

Lot people have purchase those JD314 in my area years ago,and they are still zooming around. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
I guess the JD318 kinda took there place now...but still JD. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Take care and stay safe.

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #5  
If you are already leaning towards the BX, lean a little harder until you fall onto one. The difference between 2 wheel drive and 4 is unbelievable, and makes the BX a tool and the 425 a toy. Add in the 3 point hitch and it is a no-brainer; get the BX for sure.

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #6  
G Kibit,

Since you're leaning toward a sub-compact, why not look into a full compact for just a little more money that will do a lot more and have a regular sized 3 pt. ? ? ? ?
Head on down to your local New Holland dealer and look at the TC18 with the power steering option. Many have said the front hood design makes for easier/more visible front loader work! For a little more money, you'll get a lot more tractor. The TC18 will make the BX look/act like a toy!

Good Luck, JimBinMI

6-19648-jimbinminh.gif

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #7  
Thank you Gentlemen,

It looks like I will go with the BX1800. My work here is
not big enough for a larger machine. All I need is the
dealer to get a loader off a slow boat from Japan before it
snows.

Gkibit Maine

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #8  
Jim,
You are true BLUE for sure!!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

If you ever decide to leave teaching you might want to consider becoming a NH sales rep. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #9  
Go one step up to the 4000 series, the 425 has if I am not mistaken only has a 3 pt hitch capacity for cat 0 only. this will limit you down the road, everything is beefier on the 4100 and up and by the time you load up a 425 you could be in a 4100 for a few $

/ DEERE 425 W/LOADER #10  
GKIBIT,
Hope that boat steams a little faster,for winter knocking on the door. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

How many Kubota dealers in your area?

Watch out for that gentleman JinBin,for he is a true blue NH. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

If your out and about in Maine be extra careful of this nasty weather. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif