John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please!

/ John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please! #1  

RobiBX2230

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210 (TLB)
Interested in this machine, description as detailed below - he is asking $9,900 (not sure if that is high or not for my area) I live in NH and want to do general loader and backhoe work, nothing big or heavy... I know who the guy is, he just buys and sells machines - he's not a dealer but used to work at one (friend of my Uncle)

John Deere 750 4wd tractor
1000 hours
20hp diesel
gear shift transmission
powe steering
locking differential
rear PTO
3 point hitch
60" front bucket loader
7.5' backhoe

Thanks for everyone's help in advance!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,772
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 5,298
   / John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please! #2  
I say good deal. Try to get him down to 9K, have money in hand.

Is the back-hoe connected to the tractor with a sub-frame or is it hooked up to the 3pt. hitch.?? Connected with sub-frame is what you want.

Be certain that everything works as it should.

/ John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please!
Not sure about the BH 3pt vs frame but I was thinking $9k is fair so some positive feedback at that price feels good

/ John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please! #4  
Dealer allowed me $10,500.00 for my 1988 JD650 FEL/BH with 1,500 hrs in 2008 when we got our 2320.
Not sure but would imagine the BH is a frame mount, especially if it is the #7 hoe. My 650 had the #7 hoe and I sure wish the 2320 had it. Compared to the #46 the #7 is hands down better and JD is still making them for the 3XXX's or 4XXX's series.

Gizmo thanks for the info -- I just have to figure out a good place to borrow the cash banks are useless when it comes to tractors... Don't want to use the cash that I do have would rather borrow

/ John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please! #6  
What year is it?
FWIW, Decided to trade our 650 when I needed a new FEL bucket and it was not available, anywhere. You might say it was an eye opener for me.

Gizmo2 said:
What year is it?
Not sure still have to find out and arrange showing/test drive

/ John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please! #8  
Take a look here for some more details on the 750. I do think it's a fair price according to what others are selling for but remember it is a +/-30 year old tractor.

/ John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please! #9  
I just remembered. One thing you DO want to look for is if it has power steering. You may think you don't need it but with a full bucket these things can be hard to turn. My 650 did not have PS and years later as I was getting older, boy do I wish it had it. Test it with a FULL bucket load if you can.

I cannot stress this enough. Don't be fooled with a test drive without a full bucket.

/ John Deere 750 4wdw/ Loader & Backhoe -- PRICING HELP, please! #10  
In my part of the country a tlb of just about any shape, size (even with oil dripping from all cyl's) still get about 10k for them. The power steering comment from above though IS very important, not an oem item you can add.