MY2012 5083E ALMOST HERE

/ MY2012 5083E ALMOST HERE
Aggie00,
Nice tractor this should help with the clearing and cleanup. In NM I have to clear similar brush/trees frequently. Enjoy your new ride.:thumbsup:

I no longer use the tractor for anything associated with trees if I can help it. The old tractor took a beating from falling limbs and limbs on the ground that kick up when I drove over. I made a bracket so I can use all my global attachments for the tractor on my skid steer.

/ MY2012 5083E ALMOST HERE #12  
I no longer use the tractor for anything associated with trees if I can help it. The old tractor took a beating from falling limbs and limbs on the ground that kick up when I drove over. I made a bracket so I can use all my global attachments for the tractor on my skid steer.

AGGIE, you traded for a new tractor 'cause it had scratches...? :D

I recall you had a hydraulic "blip" or hiccup with your other 5083 Limited but didn't follow your decision on the new 2012 model.

AKfish

I recall you had a hydraulic "blip" or hiccup with your other 5083 Limited but didn't follow your decision on the new 2012 model.

AKfish

I traded in my tractor because the spread was only $1800.00 to what I paid for it after I purchase extended warranty. The MY2012 has most of the features that the 2010 model was lacking. Also the hydraulic system on the 2010 had problems after a damaged line, and now after owning the new one I know it had big problems from the start. The 2010 had a hard time with my MX8 mower and the three point would bleed down slightly and then surge up. The 2012 lifts the same mower like it isn't there.

/ MY2012 5083E ALMOST HERE #14  
Aggie....if you dont mind me asking what do you do for a living....are you in the business of clearing brush or what. what was the final price of the 2012 one... (1800 + price of 2010). Im in the process of buying me a tractor and Im really lookin at the 5083e
I just want it to work on the 40 acres that I have. Hay mostly

Aggie....if you dont mind me asking what do you do for a living....are you in the business of clearing brush or what. what was the final price of the 2012 one... (1800 + price of 2010). Im in the process of buying me a tractor and Im really lookin at the 5083e
I just want it to work on the 40 acres that I have. Hay mostly

I used to be a construction superintendent on heavy highway projects and larger commercial developments, civil only, and after ten years graduated to owning my surveying company. We also own a spray foam insulation business and for fun and help with surveying bought a mulcher. The mulcher now operates around 20 hrs a week for hire. I bought property so I could buy a tractor because growing up we farmed a few thousand acres and it's in my blood.

I paid 41,800 for my 2010 with the loader almost two years ago. I needed to extend the warranty and with the cost of that and trade value, I was only 1800 below what I paid in the first place which is 40,000. The new tractor started out 5000 above that price and after all the extras that I passed on the first time, it ended up right at 50,000. No regrets what so ever and I absolutely love the new tractor. It's way more tractor than what I need, but it's what I want. We also have a deere 4600 with backhoe and loader to do the small stuff.

/ MY2012 5083E ALMOST HERE #16  
I paid 41,800 for my 2010 with the loader almost two years ago. I needed to extend the warranty and with the cost of that and trade value, I was only 1800 below what I paid in the first place which is 40,000. The new tractor started out 5000 above that price and after all the extras that I passed on the first time, it ended up right at 50,000. No regrets what so ever and I absolutely love the new tractor. It's way more tractor than what I need, but it's what I want. We also have a deere 4600 with backhoe and loader to do the small stuff.

Makes perfect $ense! What did you get on the new tractor that upped the price another $5K?

What kind of changes did Deere make to the 2012's that weren't on the 2010's?

AKfish

/ MY2012 5083E ALMOST HERE #17  
AKfish said:

AKfish

Abbie, nice tractor. Did you have a 563 loader on your pre my2012? If so how did it work? Did it have a blip or jerk when raising and how does it compare to the operation of the new my2012? I do know the Hyd did change on the new one.

Thanks, jd

Abbie, nice tractor. Did you have a 563 loader on your pre my2012? If so how did it work? Did it have a blip or jerk when raising and how does it compare to the operation of the new my2012? I do know the Hyd did change on the new one.

Thanks, jd

I did and the jerk only appeared after I broke a metal hydraulic line and lost all the fluid. I was told it was air in the lines, but never got it out. Prior to that and from the beginning, the three point seemed weak and would slightly bleed down with a heavy mower on. I accepted it as just the tractor, but the new one does not do this and handles the mower with ease. Everything about the my2012 is better with the only exception being cab noise. For whatever reason the my2012 has a lot more engine noise and it comes into the cab some. My dealer is about to go through my old one and see what problems it has before they sell it and will let me know what was wrong.