Price Check Price Check on Jd 2320

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #1  

Central Maine

Hi,
Is $11,500 a reasonable price for a 2008 JD 2320 with FEL and 80 hours? This is a private sale in Maine.
Thanks, Jason

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #2  
I think it is at the high end of the ballpark. I suspect it would be hard to find many 2320 four years old with < 100 hours. More importantly, what condition is it in? Was it garaged? What did he use it for? etc,etc,etc. And again with less than 100 hours, it wasn't used for commercial landscaping.

FYI...we paid $10,800 for a 2007 2320 with 250 hours a year and half ago.

Something else to keep in mind, (at least in WI) if you buy private and do not have to license it, you don't have to pay sales tax. If you bought from a dealer for around this price range it would be another $500.

Good luck with your search and decision.

/ Price Check on Jd 2320
Thank you for your reply and points to consider.

Have you been happy with you 2320? What type of work do you do with it?

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #4  
Since a new one, if you could find one, would be $15K, I'd take a good hard look at it. Remember also that "asking" isn't what the seller usually settles for.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #5  
Have you been happy with you 2320? What type of work do you do with it?

Absolutely. Our 2320 was a great tractor. It did everything we asked of it with ease. We only upgraded last year because of the incentives on the 2520 and 2720.

We have about 10 acres here with a couple of horses. The extent of work the 2320 did was loading mulch and horse apples. Oh and once pulled an engine from a old F150 my stepson was scrapping. We also used it with the 47" snowblower, again it handled all the snow we had last winter without issue.

lost

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #6  
That's an OK deal, but not fantastic. I have been passively "advertising" mine locally with a few more options and utility trailer for $13500 to selected folks I know, so I would say that for a real solid price it is about $500-1000 high but not too far off. As stated, used, low hour 2320's are hard to come by, so you are likely to see a broad variety of prices. One thing that affects price on this, and other, compact tractors is the current JD financing. JD has been offering 0% on certain models and for some who may have interest but do not want to pay an up-front lump sum cash, paying more for a new machine at 0% has some appeal. For this reason, low hour used machines have to show enough of a difference in price with still top-notch condition to merit much interest. I do not know how much that would be but for folks who do not mind paying cash and saving several thousand dollars to do so, this would be the way to go. As you likely know, a sub 100 hour machine in really good shape will last years and years. The 2320 is a really good little machine, perhaps the most solid tractor I have owned despite being the smallest.

John M

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #7  
If you like it, ask for a deal, it will make you feel better and he'll be happy its gone. As far as the 2320 goes, great machine. Some will recommend going to the 2520 or 2720 and those are fine too but when is enough enough. There's always something bigger/faster and more expensive. I love my 2320 and 2305. Just added a z465 to the fleet!!:licking: Can't wait for the grass to grow!!:drink:

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #8  
If you like it, ask for a deal, it will make you feel better and he'll be happy its gone. As far as the 2320 goes, great machine. Some will recommend going to the 2520 or 2720 and those are fine too but when is enough enough. There's always something bigger/faster and more expensive. I love my 2320 and 2305. Just added a z465 to the fleet!!:licking: Can't wait for the grass to grow!!:drink:

Which tractor is suggested depends on the use, for private work without time constraints the 2320 may be just the ticket.

/ Price Check on Jd 2320 #9  
Since a new one, if you could find one, would be $15K, I'd take a good hard look at it. Remember also that "asking" isn't what the seller usually settles for.