Buying Advice John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #1  

JDrunner8

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am new to this site but have been looking on here for years and have always appreciated the help and responses fellow owners give. I have a question for any 3X20 series owners. I am about to order my new 3320 from a local JD dealer and want some advice. I am planning on getting an open cab, ehydro, 72in MMM, 6 ft blade and possibly ordering my 300 series loader as well.
A couple of questions... 1. Is the CX series loader better than the standard X series loaders? I am going to look for this used and same some cash, but there really isn't alot of CX used loaders out there yet.
2. Are the foward and rear lighting options worth the couple hundred bucks? I had heard they really aren't too bright and I would be better off putting my own extra lights on.
3. Has anyone put the air-ride seat on this tractor that wasn't a cab model. It's about $580 bucks and my dealer said unless I am on there 8+ hours a day it wasn't worth it...
4. Is the automotive cruise control pretty handy?

I have quite a few more questions but figure I might as well start here! Also, any feedback on the tractor will be handy! I can't wait to pull the trigger this week!!! :)

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #2  
I don't own a 3320, but I did try one out a few years ago...very nice machines. There are a number of folks who do own own 'em and I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses.
I can answer your question #2 Are the foward and rear lighting options worth the couple hundred bucks? I had heard they really aren't too bright and I would be better off putting my own extra lights on.
I think those lamps are quite bright...especially the rear lamps...but it might be cheaper to install your own lamps.

And, of course...

Welcome to TBN!!!

Last edited:
   / John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price
Thanks for the advice! I forgot to mention the price here..
For the tractor, mower, rear blade and delivered to my house the price is 24k, this also will include the larger R4 tires.

I will have to add the cruise, lights, deluxe brush guard, and loader separately to the tractor...

I have a pretty solid relationship with this JD dealer and compared to what other dealers are quoting, this seems like a great deal! Plus I get 0% interest for 60 months!

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #4  
I have the 300CX on my 3520 and I love it. I have pushed it to its lift limit so am glad I went that route. The only other question I can answer is in regard to the lights. I have both the forward and reverse lights on mine and the forward are a necessity if you are going to operate in low light conditions. The front headlights are useless if you have a loader unless you want to drive with the bucket all the way up in the air (if you just raise it above the headlights it blocks your vision, so you would have to go almost all the way up). My personal opinion is they are plenty bright, in fact I will warn you that it isn't fun turning and looking over your shoulder and getting blinded by them. Once of these days I am going to make a guard or something that blocks them from my face. :)

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #5  
Hello,
The automotive cruise control is handy for mowing but hardly necessary. I can activate my cruise control usually within .1 mph of what I want. One option that I've found very nice to have is forks. Don 't get the quick attach to bucket types- IMO, they don't have the strength and the center of lift is farther out.

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #6  
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am new to this site but have been looking on here for years and have always appreciated the help and responses fellow owners give. I have a question for any 3X20 series owners. I am about to order my new 3320 from a local JD dealer and want some advice. I am planning on getting an open cab, ehydro, 72in MMM, 6 ft blade and possibly ordering my 300 series loader as well.
A couple of questions... 1. Is the CX series loader better than the standard X series loaders? I am going to look for this used and same some cash, but there really isn't alot of CX used loaders out there yet.
2. Are the foward and rear lighting options worth the couple hundred bucks? I had heard they really aren't too bright and I would be better off putting my own extra lights on.
3. Has anyone put the air-ride seat on this tractor that wasn't a cab model. It's about $580 bucks and my dealer said unless I am on there 8+ hours a day it wasn't worth it...
4. Is the automotive cruise control pretty handy?

I have quite a few more questions but figure I might as well start here! Also, any feedback on the tractor will be handy! I can't wait to pull the trigger this week!!! :)

Are you saying your going to buy a brand new tractor, but put a used loader on it? I think it would be less work and less fear of getting a highly abused loader and just spend the extra couple bucks on a new one.

I have the X on mine, just because that's what was on the dealers lot. When I was buying I wanted a 3320 or up, but the dealer had a demo 3120 on the lot which he offered at his cost for the tractor with all other incentives for the tractor, so I had to get it. If I were to order one, it would have the CX. More capacity, quick detach for $600 more.

Are you going to be working at night? I know I sometimes plow snow late at night and the work lights help, but that's rare. If your going to be doing all of your work during the day, don't need them. With that said, in that emergency that you have to get something done at night, it is nice. And you don't have to deal with the plumbing and it looks professional. I would get them.

Air ride seat is expensive, but very nice. As your dealer said, I use my tractors a lot, but I'll spend my $600 elsewhere.

Automotive cruise is nice, if your going to be tilling or mowing, or other speed controlled task. For simply traveling down the road, the normal cruise is plenty.

Good luck!

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #7  
Hiya,

I have a 3320 cab, so to your questions:

300x or CX The difference is mainly lift capacity and bucket reach, I know the CX has a higher rating but I beleive it gets this from a shorter reach at full height. If your loading and moving stuff, the 6' HD bucket w/ the bolt on edge works well, if your going to be diging and breaking up soil, the 5 foot HD with a JD tooth bar works best.

Lights, get as many as you can, you can never have too much light at night when working with equipment. You will be very suprised how deep some holes are when you stick a wheel in them because you didn't see them from poor lighting. The factory ones aren't 5 million candlepower flamethrowers but they do plug right in to the harnes and provide enough light to be safe.

The air ride seat is really a requirement if you are taller than about 6 feet with long legs. I have very long legs and the 3x20 ergonomics with the standard seat was almost unuseable, with the air ride seat, it rides a few inches higher and that makes the difference for me.

I havent really used the auto cruse so I will keep quiet on that for now...

My 2 cents,

Tom

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #8  
I use the upgraded cruise alot and feel it is worth the extra $100 bucks. Great for rototilling.:thumbsup:

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price #9  
I have a slighter larger machine, a 4520 cab but previously owned a 4120 open station.
In regards to the lights - Get as many as you can - They are well worth it. Get the forward and rear work lights. Brush guards must be purchased that mount around the hazard lights unless you want to fabricate your own.

IMO I like the CX over the X loader. It works well for me.

CX = Self leveling, more lift capacity.
X = Non self leveling, better roll back.
Both models are quick attach.

I think you are better off getting a new loader because you will get a package price on it and you will have a warranty. Really hard to find a used loader somebody wants to get rid of - It usually stays on the tractor if it's sold.

As for the bucket get the HD version unless you are just doing light work with it. Hear quite a few stories where the lighter version is easily bent. I just ordered a replaceable cutting edge for our bucket.

I have used the auto cruise upgrade and have it in my current tractor. It is a very nice feature but not completely necessary unless you have long straightaways. I especially like using it for tilling and mowing.

The air ride seat is an excellent feature but a little expensive. It really does help with taller operators and is great for smoothing our really rough bumps. Have it in the current tractor.

/ John Deere 3320 Adds on's and Price
Thanks for the help guys! I definately agree to the possibly loader abuse. I have been on the market for a new "leftover" loader out there and it seems most of them do only come with the machine. I definately think the extra money for the lights is going to come in handy as we will be out in snow plowing the drive and moving things around for our horses at all hours.

As to the air suspension, i am about 6'1 and I agree the taller operator could benefit from the added height. And for the cruise control, i think for the extra hundred bucks it's probably worth it...
One question with that though- Does the regular cruise control option that comes standard operate on the right rear wheel fender? I wasn't sure if that option is standard there or on the dash? (only ones i have looked at had the extra option)