JD 2210 vs Bx2200

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #1  

wisconsinguy

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2210
Hi everyone,

This is my first post but I've been reading this forum for over a year, thanks for all the useful information.

I started out wanting a BX a year ago and then along came the 2210, my dealer has both in stock so I was able to compare and drive both. Now I'm leaning real hard towards the green one. Just a few things I like better, like the 3 point hitch, sits up a bit higher, the loader control, and the foot pedals, plus it seems a bit quieter. The bx seems to be built a bit heavier in the front axles and steering cylinders, but the tractor just seems smaller. I'm sure I can't go wrong with either one and the price is only 50 bucks different with the loader and 60 or 62 inch mower. I guess I'm just looking for the expert opinions of you guys to sway me one way or the other.

Since the wife is out of town I put some money in the check book and went down to the dealer to finalize my decision this morning and buy one. Well the sales person I've talked to was out of town so I had em put a hold sign with my name on it, on his last in stock 2210. I have till tomorrow now to make up my mind, so maybe you guys can help. When the wife gets home from vacation I'll have my new tractor and take my beating like a man,,,, unless she takes it away from me.

Again thanks for making this one of the most useful forums on the internet.

later
Phil

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #2  
Phil, I don't know how much I can help you, but here goes:
I have the BX 2200. I have had the tractor for threee years and have put 500 hours on it with no complaints or problems. I can whole heartedly recommend it.
That said, I have looked over the new JD and it looks like a fine tractor. I know that if I was in th market to replace my tractor, I would spend plenty of time looking over both models, and price would be an issue.
If your prices are the same, and you like the JD better, I say go for it!
Will

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #3  
Go Green. Get the FEL, too. I was in the same situation (not with the wife though since I'm not married /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #4  
I was in the same situation a little while back. I just took delivery of my 2210 with FEL and 62" deck. What a sweet machine.

The green monster is only "ONE WEEK OLD" today. I have had no problems and getting the loader and deck off is SOOOO easy. Good luck.

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #5  
Hi Phil,

Disregard what us guys think… /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

You are the one that has to be happy, not us… you are the one that will use it on a daily basis, not us…

Go with your initial gut feeling… otherwise the rest of your life, you’ll always wonder if ya made the right choice… /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just let us know what happens, when the wife returns and yells out…”Honey… I’m home… What the… XX/?OKDALD;A ???” /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #6  
I think the real question here is. Why is you wife and your tractor salesman out of town at the same time? ...I'm just kidding LOL.. I have a 2210 and I am very very happy with the machine good luck in your purchase..

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200
Geez JimD

Now ya got me wondering I guess I'll know if the salesman is in a better mood and willing to deal. The dealer has both Kubota and Deere so I can put em side by side and ride them both tomorrow. The question is basically which tractor I think I will like best for a long time since price and service are the same. The dealer wanted 12400 for the tractor, loader and 62 inch mower without any dealing. I may be able to do better but I didn't think that was too bad from what I have read on here.

better get to work to pay for these toys

later
Phil

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #8  
<font color="green"> I have the same setup that you are looking at except. I also have the JD I-Match hitch. I gave almost the very same price (within $40.00) for all. Which is the 2210, FEL w/54" (I think) bucket, 62" MMM, and the I-Match hitch.

I have about 10 hours on mine and have had NO trouble at all. I do like the 2 pedals, I have used mine to mow a very flat area. From what I have seen of the ZTR's I was mowing almost as fast. But, I have a tractor which I can do other things not just mow.

It can turn a very tight turn with out the dual brake system.

I do like the JD 2210 over the BX2200, but that's my opinion.
</font> /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200
As long as there are a few owners on here can anyone tell me what the 2210 idles at? It seemed like the one I tried idled pretty fast, I don't remember excatly but I think it was 1300 or 1400 which seemed pretty fast to me.

thanks
Phil

/ JD 2210 vs Bx2200 #10  
At 6.5 hours, my 2210 idles at about 1300 rpm. The 2210 (w/turfs, FEL, 54"mmm) has exceeded my expectations on power, operating ease and maneuverability.