Comparison Best JD Subcompact for needs

/ Best JD Subcompact for needs #11  
   / Best JD Subcompact for needs
How much you looking to spend? Thats a big factor... Do suggest 4x4,on the smaller units.You usually can find a used 3pt auger somewhere,no need for new for that little of fence. I do think the 3000 series is in the right ball-park,with 5ft shredder somewhere in the 30/35hp range.
I mean if you got 31grand to spendView attachment 251639 JD3520

Thank you! Certainly looking to go w/ the 4x4. Also looking to go used (or after market) for those lesser used implements such as auger. Mostly due to the part-time nature, looking to stay under $20k.

/ Best JD Subcompact for needs
My $.02, but I wouldn't want either of those models. The 2305 is too small for your needs and the 3032e just isn't as good of a value, $ for $ I think the Kubota L3800 is more bang for the buck, and I'm known as a Deere guy (take a look at my signature).

If you want a Deere compact for that amount of land, I would either recommend a 2520 or a 2720 and a zero turn, or a 3x20, preferably with a cab.

Even for part time use the base model 3032 and the luxury model 3x20 makes a huge difference. From the removable loader to better ergonomics, I think it's a very worth upgrade. If you are doing as much work as you state, although it's not full time, it will be quite a few hours on the seat.

I would recommend checking out other brands, take a look around, and if your like me, and stuck on JD, then at least you can get some prices for negotiating:thumbsup:

Good luck!

Thanks! Mostly stuck on JD, but will look more at L3800. Been debating on the removable loader option...although it seems I read that the 3032e has a "kit" for this. Also, several folks I have talked to claim they rarely ever take the FEL off. At the end of the day, my finance background forces me to weigh the cost vs. part-time issue.... which will be for several more years. Haven't ruled out going used (ie: 3320) to compare. Of course that brings up a whole other can of worms.

/ Best JD Subcompact for needs #15  
I think that 4300 you have would be a 3520 today. When I was shopping, I really liked the 3038e. However it does lack the mid PTO option.

The 4300 and 4310 would be equivalent to the 3320 as far as engine and PTO HP. The 4400 and 4410 tractors match the 3520 for power.

For TBJ: The older 4000 series machines (1998-2005) are really good tractors and you can probably keep the cost under $20K (including the loader). Considering the property size and work, a subcompact probably wouldn't be a good idea.
Try www.machinefinder.com and www.tractorhouse.com to see what's available in your area.
The only 4000 series machine I wouldn't recommend is the 4200/4210 hydro models. These were a bit low on power for the size of the tractor...but there are some TBNers who have 'em and love 'em!

/ Best JD Subcompact for needs #16  
Thanks! Mostly stuck on JD, but will look more at L3800. Been debating on the removable loader option...although it seems I read that the 3032e has a "kit" for this. Also, several folks I have talked to claim they rarely ever take the FEL off. At the end of the day, my finance background forces me to weigh the cost vs. part-time issue.... which will be for several more years. Haven't ruled out going used (ie: 3320) to compare. Of course that brings up a whole other can of worms.

If new, to keep the budget under $20k, a 2720 would be about the only option, and that would be right at $20k. If you really wanted a new one, a 3320 could come in just over $20k. A good option is still used though. If your financing, you won't be able to take advantage of the 0% these companies offer a lot of times, but paying cash sometimes it's the best way to go.

/ Best JD Subcompact for needs #17  
I saved 10 grand (plus taxes) over new by buying a 9 month old 90 hour 3320 with CX loader, back hoe, rototiller, forks and more so keep watching the ads and dealer inventory. It took me about a year to stumble onto that deal.