Default Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor

I have a JD 755 trator and have been looking for a backhoe to fit it. I checked with woods and bushhog and found that they make one to fit, but not a sub-frame, saying that the tractor is not strong enough to handle one. JD makes a model 7 with a sub-frame to fit. Does anyone have any info on this or suggestions on where to get a model 7, new or used and pricing?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 855 (24hp/19@PTO)

Default Re: Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor

<font color="blue"> they make one to fit, but not a sub-frame, saying that the tractor is not strong enough to handle one. </font>

That doesn't sound right, does it? The JD model 7 is a subframe BH. Your JD dealer can do a nationwide dealer search and see if one is in inventory somewhere. Mine did that for me to find a rear hydraulic kit. Also, BH attachments occassionally come up on eBay. If you find a BH, you may need to get an aux. hydraulic kit to get oil to the back of your tractor for the BH to connect to. It's a kit equivalent to the "power beyond" on newer tractors. Good luck!

OkieG

Tractor
    John Deere 790

sh, you can find the #7 backhoe on Deere's site still and price it with the configurator. Count on a bit over $6 big ones new. It is still available new. I've been looking for some time for one to put on my 790. Finally found a used one at a dealer which I'm hoping to pick up soon. I've watched Ebay and our local Auto/Truck trader magazine. Not many come up. Good luck [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    JD 855 4WD, HST

Okie,

I've been watching Ebay pretty closely for quite qwhile and haven't seen any backhoes yet. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] There are 3 855's out there right now priced really nicely though.

Tractor
    John Deere 790

One more tidbit on this topic...

If you happen to find the right model JD hoe but it came off a different model tractor, expect to pay a small fortune for the correct brackets etc. to convert. The #7 hoe has been around since about 1983 and has a long list of applications, all of which take different sub-frames, hanger brackets and frame reinforcing brackets. Not trying to deter you, just don't want you to be surprised/disappointed later [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]