Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor

/ Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a JD 755 trator and have been looking for a backhoe to fit it. I checked with woods and bushhog and found that they make one to fit, but not a sub-frame, saying that the tractor is not strong enough to handle one. JD makes a model 7 with a sub-frame to fit. Does anyone have any info on this or suggestions on where to get a model 7, new or used and pricing?

/ Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor #2  
<font color="blue"> they make one to fit, but not a sub-frame, saying that the tractor is not strong enough to handle one. </font>

That doesn't sound right, does it? The JD model 7 is a subframe BH. Your JD dealer can do a nationwide dealer search and see if one is in inventory somewhere. Mine did that for me to find a rear hydraulic kit. Also, BH attachments occassionally come up on eBay. If you find a BH, you may need to get an aux. hydraulic kit to get oil to the back of your tractor for the BH to connect to. It's a kit equivalent to the "power beyond" on newer tractors. Good luck!

OkieG

/ Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor #3  
sh, you can find the #7 backhoe on Deere's site still and price it with the configurator. Count on a bit over $6 big ones new. It is still available new. I've been looking for some time for one to put on my 790. Finally found a used one at a dealer which I'm hoping to pick up soon. I've watched Ebay and our local Auto/Truck trader magazine. Not many come up. Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor #4  
Okie,

I've been watching Ebay pretty closely for quite qwhile and haven't seen any backhoes yet. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif There are 3 855's out there right now priced really nicely though.

/ Backhoe for JD 755 Tractor #5  
One more tidbit on this topic...

If you happen to find the right model JD hoe but it came off a different model tractor, expect to pay a small fortune for the correct brackets etc. to convert. The #7 hoe has been around since about 1983 and has a long list of applications, all of which take different sub-frames, hanger brackets and frame reinforcing brackets. Not trying to deter you, just don't want you to be surprised/disappointed later /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif