Comparison John Deere Vs. Kubota

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #21  
Im gonna say in (under 50hp) tractors going to give it to the GrandL, (50 to 100hp) its Kubota for me comparing JohnDeers E series to Kubota M series,operator station to me just laid out better(other than that flip a coin).Over 100hp JohnDeere premium series tractors or going to be hard to be beat by any(Massey comes in second for me). Kubota will never get anywhere in the higher hp without dropping that dang 4cyl. and going to a 6cyl.

I'd probably "pare" the different comparison brackets a little further.. 30hp and less - I'd likely go with Kubota - although I haven't seen a whole lot about the new Deere 1026r. The Kubota 3030 cab tractor is a real sweet machine and the smaller diesel machines are hard for any other manufacturer to compete against.

Thirty horsepower to 60hp - it's really a tossup - the Kubota Grand M's and the cab model Deere's in 3000 and 4000 series are all very, very nice machines! When I shopped for a cab model in the 50hp range; either the 5240 or the 5740 Kubota and the 4520 or the 4720 Deere were so close in features and price; it was just a question of dealer and support after buying! Couldn't go wrong with either brand.

Sixty Five horsepower and up - it's really a Deere show! Kubota doesn't really have a light-Heavyweight tractor that matches up well with the Deere lineup of M series or Premium series. When you look at hydraulic capacity, 3pt features, chassis construction and frame weight and transmission options... well, Kubota doesn't lead the pack!

My $0.02

AKfish

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #22  
AKfish said:
I'd probably "pare" the different comparison brackets a little further.. 30hp and less - I'd likely go with Kubota - although I haven't seen a whole lot about the new Deere 1026r. The Kubota 3030 cab tractor is a real sweet machine and the smaller diesel machines are hard for any other manufacturer to compete against.

Thirty horsepower to 60hp - it's really a tossup - the Kubota Grand M's and the cab model Deere's in 3000 and 4000 series are all very, very nice machines! When I shopped for a cab model in the 50hp range; either the 5240 or the 5740 Kubota and the 4520 or the 4720 Deere were so close in features and price; it was just a question of dealer and support after buying! Couldn't go wrong with either brand.

Sixty Five horsepower and up - it's really a Deere show! Kubota doesn't really have a light-Heavyweight tractor that matches up well with the Deere lineup of M series or Premium series. When you look at hydraulic capacity, 3pt features, chassis construction and frame weight and transmission options... well, Kubota doesn't lead the pack!

My $0.02

AKfish

X2 - Smaller machines are neck and neck, but Deere definitely has the market in the larger market IMO.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #23  
X2 - Smaller machines are neck and neck, but Deere definitely has the market in the larger market IMO.

I got to looking at getting a new cab tractor,so I stopped at the Mahindra dealer and looked at the 8560,seems like a pretty good tractor weighs 8100lbs has an international diesel 12x12 sync.shuttle $37,500. Off to the JohnDeere dealer tomorrow,going to look at the 5083E,I may just not get another kubota:D

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #24  
foreman Etexas said:
I got to looking at getting a new cab tractor,so I stopped at the Mahindra dealer and looked at the 8560,seems like a pretty good tractor weighs 8100lbs has an international diesel 12x12 sync.shuttle $37,500. Off to the JohnDeere dealer tomorrow,going to look at the 5083E,I may just not get another kubota:D

Check out an M series Deere as well. Lot of worthy improvements over the E.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #25  
Check out an M series Deere as well. Lot of worthy improvements over the E.

Looking for something around the 40,000 range 4x4 no ldr,other tractors can do the loader work,I looking for just a mowing tractor,to pull the 15batwing,need cab so my 3yr old can ride inside. 7040 stays at the ranch,need something to move around from place to place,while having a kubota at both ends to un-load hay and clean up work. I been pulling the batwing with my kubota 5040 yesterday and today at my lease place,now my sinus's are killing me and had to find a baby sitter....

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #26  
I traded my JD 5400 in on a M9540. It came down to the $$$ and I didn't care for the "E" series JD. But I sure do love the green and yelow colors! In reality, I got a good price because corp. Kubota dropped 2 of these units, (open station), at the dealer and they were literally getting faded without the cab in that size tractor. Forget the name and get the tractor and dealer that gives you that warm and fuzzy feeling.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #27  

My $0.02

AKfish

Exactly this. Well said and very accurate. Both companies make great tractors. You have to decide which model meets your needs and skip worrying about paint color. If it's a toss up, realize that the dealer makes a big difference, even if it cost a few dollars more, go with the better dealer.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #28  
Parts. - History. - innovation. - parts.

If you are gonna get rid of it in a few years, look at the orange one. If you are gonna keep it for 10 or more, stay green.

I can have any part on my 20 yr old Deere the next day. Most of the parts on the Kubota, even almost new take 1-2 weeks. I know there ate exceptions on some orange parts but there has NEVER been an exception on the green ones.

Just my experience- yours may be different.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #30  
Looking for something around the 40,000 range 4x4 no ldr,other tractors can do the loader work,I looking for just a mowing tractor,to pull the 15batwing,need cab so my 3yr old can ride inside. 7040 stays at the ranch,need something to move around from place to place,while having a kubota at both ends to un-load hay and clean up work. I been pulling the batwing with my kubota 5040 yesterday and today at my lease place,now my sinus's are killing me and had to find a baby sitter....

When we were tractor shopping, the John Deere cabs had more room than the Kubotas. Dissatisfaction over our Deere dealer on service work and warranty issues put us in a Kubota, but the John Deeres we looked at were very nice.