Comparison John Deere Vs. Kubota

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #1  

NeedMoreTractor

Tractor
None-looking to buy
Ok, classic question here. Which is better? John Deere or Kubota? As I have been researching size, it brought me to the classic debate of John Deere vs. Kubota. So, what are the reasons to but a John Deere, and what are the reasons not to buy a John Deere? I've heard many things and I am slightly confused. I will also post this question on the Kubota forums to gauge their response as well. Thanks for responding.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #2  
Reason to buy a Deere -
You go to a John Deere dealer. They help you find a machine that meets your needs and you can afford. Your impression of the dealer is someone you would like to do business with in the future.

Reason to buy a Kubota -
You go to a Kubota dealer. They help you find a machine that meets your neeed and you can afford. Your impression of the dealer is someone you would like to do business with in the future.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #3  
To say one brand is better than another is like saying a ford is better than a dodge or chevy. Just opinions thats all.

And you really cant make a case for either brand as a whole. They offer a very broad range of machines. And in some cases, the deere may offer more, in others, it may be the kubota. So if you narrow it down to a certain few machines, we could better advise you on the situation.

And as others have mentioned, the dealer plays a BIG role in selecting what brand is best. Because they BOTH make excellent tractors, but how your dealer treats you before, during AND AFTER the sale may be worth a small price difference in the machines

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #4  
I've been looking at a number of new tractors this past week, and trying them on for fit. What I found was that the Kubota felt cramped to me, I'm 6'2" and amply padded; and I am used to the two pedal arrangement for the HST. As far as which one is better for you, go to the dealers and try them out. See which one feels better to you, and how well the control layout suits you. Evaluate the dealers, including their parts and service departments, and evaluate the quotes you get. A combination of features, physical fit, capacities, dealers, and prices should pinpoint which one is best for you. There is no empirical "best" tractor brand.

Edited to add: Do a lot of reading on here, and learn what questions to ask the dealer. I've been reading for six years and one dealer yesterday told me that I was asking the right questions.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #5  
Ok, classic question here. Which is better? John Deere or Kubota? As I have been researching size, it brought me to the classic debate of John Deere vs. Kubota. So, what are the reasons to but a John Deere, and what are the reasons not to buy a John Deere? I've heard many things and I am slightly confused. I will also post this question on the Kubota forums to gauge their response as well. Thanks for responding.

That's an easy question, it's Kioti :laughing:

You're going to have to provide a little more info to get a real answer. Do you want a 20 something hp SCUT or a 200 hp harvester?

There's also no definitive answer to this question, I'm pretty sure you're just going to get a bunch of contradicting opinions. Go kick the tires of compatible models of MANY different brands and take them all out for a drive, that's the only way you'll know. By the way, I was convinced I was buying a Kubota to replace my John Deere, but after doing my research, I bought a Kioti and can say with %100 certainty, it is the best tractor, for me.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #6  

Same question you posted in the Kubota forum...what are you...bored?
Same answer...buy the one you like the best and don't make it any more complicated then that.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #7  
Ahh the age old question. There's an easy answer though... you want and actually need both :). I've got an old John Deere and its great, when shopping for a CUT TLB recently I looked at both. I thought I would go with the JD because I already had an older SCUT one and it has been flawless for almost 30 years! In my particular range I tried out both and ended up with the kubota based on price, general ergonomics and finding the one I wanted available. I don't think you can go wrong with either one and both are high quality so it comes down to dealer and assuming both are equally good, then down to things like who has what you want, what's more comfortable for your operating style etc. I would figure out what you're looking for, try both in comparable models, check out prices, dealers and then decide from there. If you're more interested in used then local inventory might be a bigger factor.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #8  
To say one brand is better than another is like saying a ford is better than a dodge or chevy. Just opinions thats all.

And you really cant make a case for either brand as a whole. They offer a very broad range of machines. And in some cases, the deere may offer more, in others, it may be the kubota. So if you narrow it down to a certain few machines, we could better advise you on the situation.

And as others have mentioned, the dealer plays a BIG role in selecting what brand is best. Because they BOTH make excellent tractors, but how your dealer treats you before, during AND AFTER the sale may be worth a small price difference in the machines

Wrong Ford is better than dodge and gm. :D

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota
To RoyJackson,
No I'm not bored, I just like to research all aspects of something when it is either a major purchase or a large decision of which a tractor is both.

/ John Deere Vs. Kubota #10  
What Roy was trying to say in his style was that you didn't have to post twice to get the information you want! One single post would have been plenty! :cool: