Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tractor
    John Deere 4310

Default Re: Trade of front blade for FEL

Removing Blade - Needed a little extra leverage - 4 x 4's work pretty good as blocking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    John Deere 4310

Hey I gave it a name - It's called <font color="green"> JOHN DEERE </font> Grass [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kubota L5460HSTC

Trev,

Keep the Front Blade. ADD the FEL. Never, ever give a tool back [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Especially one that works well. It is my ever humble opinion that you won't enjoy plowing with a rear blade after having done it with the front blade.

While bigger than my FEL, I don't think you'll be happy with it's ability to dig stumps. That's a job for a backhoe or stumpgrinder.

Happy shopping (home equity rates are real low right now)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4300

I have never been to the Bob James dealership but did talk to them on the phone when I was shopping for my Deere.

Bought mine at Lakeland in Avon and they are the best. My salesman answered all my questions and offered to bring a unit to my property to try out. I still call him after two years with questions and always am treated very well. The Deeres are great but the dealership is what I find important.

Give Louie a call at Lakeland and he will help you out.

Tractor
    Currently tractor-less

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Trev,

Keep the Front Blade. ADD the FEL. Never, ever give a tool back [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Especially one that works well. It is my ever humble opinion that you won't enjoy plowing with a rear blade after having done it with the front blade.

While bigger than my FEL, I don't think you'll be happy with it's ability to dig stumps. That's a job for a backhoe or stumpgrinder.

Happy shopping (home equity rates are real low right now) )</font>

Yeah, Haz.. I eventually came to the same conclusion. Add a FEL and backhoe later.. keep what I have. Besides, what I have does the job and I really love that blade. Someday, though... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks,
    Bob

Tractor
    JD-2210

CWAVE

How long does 2 coats of TSC Slip PLATE EZ Slide last before you have to treat the underside of your mower again? Sure looks great.

Chuck

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 855 (24hp/19@PTO)

Trev,
    I agree with Hazmat. Much earlier in this thread, I had a post typed and ready to submit, suggesting you keep the frontblade and just add the other implements as you could...but you sounded set on trading the front blade away. I decided to keep my nose out of it and erased the post before I submited it. Since you've changed your mind, I don't mind chirping in.

OkieG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123