Price Check 2210 Price and Options questions

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #1  

Stretch

Tractor
JD 790
I am purchasing a 2210. I to did all the comparisons between the Kubota and JD and decided to go green. I have a few questions as I am a newbie to the tractor market.

I am getting the 2210, FEL and MMM 60" for $13,500 in Northern PA. Is this a bad deal?

With the FEL does the ballast box come with it?

I see others are getting 62" MMM, I didn't see that as an option?

Finnaly, the JD Web site does not list a lot of attachments compatable with the 2210. Is the site wrong?

Thanks to anyone who replies, I just descovered this site the other week and have enjoyed reading the posting greatly.

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #2  
<font color="green">The larger MMM deck available for the 2210 is a 62" deck. Is your dealer configuring your tractor with the wrong deck?

The ballast box may or may not be included in what the dealer is charging you. For your sake I hope it is 'cause your price looks higher than what a lot of other people have paid for their 2210s off season.

Do you have an itemized quote from the dealer or just a round figure? I it best to get it all in writing.

Also did your dealer include a rebate for the attachments? If not you could potentially be saving another $400.

Mike</font>

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #3  
Hello Stretch,
Welcome to TBN. It's the best CUT (compact utility tractor) site on the web! You'll find lots of great information here.

Congrats on purchasing your 2210! You'll find it to be a great tractor.

I paid mid 12's for a 2210/FEL/54" mmm. I've seen higher and lower pricing. Price varies quite a bit depending on where you live and with the dealer. Ensure your dealer included all the discounts (if any) that are currently available on the tractor and attachments.

The ballast box is sold separately and runs about $165 or so. You may want to purchase a boxblade instead. A boxblade (bb) is very good counterweight and is a useful attachment. Plus for added weight you can hang suitcase weights on most bb's. I use a 48" Woods bb that weights about 420 lbs.

I understand the only 2210 mmm's are the 54C and 62C, so my guess is you're getting the 62C.

I haven't checked the JD site in awhile so I won't speak to what's available for the 2210. You may want to send JD an email and ask them to confirm the 2210 attachments listed.

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #4  
Hey Stretch, I have a grand total of 9 hours on my 2210, FEL, 62" mmm. It is real easy going around trees with the larger deck. I have very little trimming to do. Price to me sounds in the ballpark. I really liked my dealer and I think I was sold on them more than the tractor. Good Luck.

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #5  
I got my 2210, FEL, and 62C MMM for $12,200. Call around to other dealers to check.

One guy from TX called my dealer in SC to get a lower quote and used it as leverage with his dealer (they matched it BTW). I'm guessing he didn't tell them that it was 1000 miles away /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #6  
My 2210 was $13,700 "out the door" with FEL, 62MMM and ballast box. There is a $200 rebate on each of 2 attachments, if buying today I would expect to pay about $13,000, so your price is in the ballpark. I have not seen west Mi JD dealers have prices any lower, so some areas must have better discounts then here.

My dealer would not sell FEL w/o Ballast Box or loaded tires, on or the other was built into the price of the FEL. I have since traded in the BB for suitcase weights that I hang on a custom 3pt receiver hitch. I agree, either get a box blade or rear blade and wheel weights - to me more useful than a ballast box.

There are not a lot of JD attachments for the 2210. JD/Frontier implements - 4 ft tiller, 5 ft rear blade, 54" front blade, 2-stage snowblower, RFM, MMM, FEL (3 bucket options). Add-on's - weights, block heater, bar or turf tires, that's about it (you can get to these at the JD site by going to the configurator area).

There is plenty of stuff in the aftermarket, just watch your 3pt lift height and weight restrictions.

So far I am very happy with my 2210.

The two I really want are rear hydraulics for a splitter and a folding ROPS but Deere has no plans to offer either item.

/ 2210 Price and Options questions
I stopped by my JD dealer yesterday and learned a few things:

You guys are the JD experts - the mower deck is the 62C

The FEL includes the ballast box and loading the tires, he won't sell it without it.

I take delivery Thursday, I feel like a kid the night before Christmas.

Thanks for all your replies.

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #8  
Congratulations Stretch. I hope you will have as fun "working" as I do. You're getting a great rig

/ 2210 Price and Options questions #9  
Hi, Stretch. Congrats! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On top of all the other valuable feedback, I would suggest you carefully consider whether you should have the tires loaded. If you mow as much as I, and if your land is reasonably flat-to-rolling, and not too steep, I would suggest you buy your ballast in a more convenient form.

IMHO /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, ballast-filled tires are for the loader-frequent professionals and timber/ag operators with the bigger tractors. Six-hundred pounds of ballast hanging off the back of my 2210 is more than sufficient for a 49" bucket heaping full of wet sand. Keep in mind that the converse goal of adequate ballast is the lightest weight possible while mowing.

Just my $ 0.0425 worth, adjusted for Alan Greenspan's latest droning.