Dealer JD dealer cost %

/ JD dealer cost % #1  

jgh

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN90F; B3000 Kubota; Bobcats 430 & A300; Liebherr 621C, Exmark laser Z, 2 sawmills
2000-04-25

I have been told by a JD dealer that 2/3 of list is dealer cost, with some small variations on price leaders like the 790 and some utility tractors (5105, 5205)

NH pricing is evidently more complex, running around 80% of list after holdbacks are considered.

Can anyone substantiate these allegations?
Jim

/ JD dealer cost % #2  
While I don't know for sure, but that seems to be about right...I bought a 5410 with loader and few attachments last fall and got the dealer down 21% from his initial quote (list)...if we assume that 2/3 was cost that would leave him about 10-12% profit margin, which would seem about fair (fair to him, fair to me), of couse if sold it to me at a loss I wouldn't complain, but then again I do have an interest in him staying in business.

/ JD dealer cost %
2000-05-02

Love to talk to you about the 5410 since that is the JD I am considering! Since you aren't registered can you contact me via jim_tbnet@ordinary.com?

Thanks!

/ JD dealer cost % #4  
Him Jim, I am registered now...so fire away if you have questions.

No complaints about the 5410, got it with powerreverser tranny and the 541 self-leveling loader...didn't originally plan on getting either, but after using both I would highly recommend them both. I was going to get the syncshuttle tran. but the dealer cut me a really good deal on a 5410 w/powerreverser because he had one on the lot. After going thru 6 months with it, I can't image not having it. Works especially well when doing loader operations (i.e. a lot of back and forth).

Anything else I can help you with, let me know.

/ JD dealer cost % #5  
I am considering purchasing the 5410. Dealers in my area have quoted me a price of 22,300.00 for the 5410 with sync shuttle. Based on your previous posting you indicated that you purchased the 5410 for 21 percent off the list price and that dealer cost is 2/3's or 33 percent off list. Are you indicating that I could probably purchase a new 5410 for plus or minus 17,600.00 (approx. 21 percent off the quoted price).

/ JD dealer cost % #6  
Daa,

Ejb was referring to 21% off of list price - your quote likely already includes a discount. Remember that different markets have different demands, check with three dealers to make sure the one you plan to purchase from is not wild. If all three come out at 10% under list on their quotes, then 21% is not likely a possibility.

I hope this helps,

msig.gif