2720 Hydraulic Options

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options #1  

MFortie

I'm trying to clarify the hydraulic options for the 2720.

They are:

Mechanical Diverter Valve -- my understanding is this will divert the curl function to another control, such as hydraulic rippers (if I have a hydraulic box blade)?

Power Beyond -- Adds ports required for backhoe, etc.

Rear Hydraulic Outlet Kit -- The description says 'Routes dual mid SCVs to rear of tractor; would this be what I'd want for the top n tilt option? Is this a separate set of spools than the loader?

Third Selective Control Valve Kit -- Not sure where this one fits unless it would be to have both the curl and ripper function sans the diverter valve.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options
Awful quiet in here... :confused:

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options #3  
Diverter lets you rob from one function (commonly loader curl) to operate an accessory (such as a grapple)

Power beyond routes hydraulic flow to the rear of the tractor for use with backhoe (or potentially a valve block you might select)

Rear outlet kit will work for top n tilt functionality, but I believe in doing so you rob the loader control (mid SCVs) when rears are in use.

3rd SCV allows you to operate a stand alone valve for top n tilt (or other accessory) independent of mid SCVs

Don't take my word as gospel! Others should chime in if I'm wrong with anything here.

I'm trying to clarify the hydraulic options for the 2720.

They are:

Mechanical Diverter Valve -- my understanding is this will divert the curl function to another control, such as hydraulic rippers (if I have a hydraulic box blade)?

Power Beyond -- Adds ports required for backhoe, etc.

Rear Hydraulic Outlet Kit -- The description says 'Routes dual mid SCVs to rear of tractor; would this be what I'd want for the top n tilt option? Is this a separate set of spools than the loader?

Third Selective Control Valve Kit -- Not sure where this one fits unless it would be to have both the curl and ripper function sans the diverter valve.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options #4  
I'll expand on what rockshaft posted.
Power Beyond is for something (like a backhoe that has it own hydraulic valve(s)) or as rockshaft said if you want to add a set of valves, PB will let you power them.

Rear outlet kit MOVES the outlets from mid positon to rear. You do not want this if you have a loader. Unless you want to run your loader hoses to the rear and have the outlets there for when the loader is off.

Third SCV, One & Two will be be mid mount for loader unless you opt for rear outlet kit. Third will be additional. More is better. you could run hoses from it to a grapple (that's how my 2030 grapple is hooked up) or use it for ONE function hooked to the rear.

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options
I'll expand on what rockshaft posted.
Power Beyond is for something (like a backhoe that has it own hydraulic valve(s)) or as rockshaft said if you want to add a set of valves, PB will let you power them.

Rear outlet kit MOVES the outlets from mid positon to rear. You do not want this if you have a loader. Unless you want to run your loader hoses to the rear and have the outlets there for when the loader is off.

Third SCV, One & Two will be be mid mount for loader unless you opt for rear outlet kit. Third will be additional. More is better. you could run hoses from it to a grapple (that's how my 2030 grapple is hooked up) or use it for ONE function hooked to the rear.

Ah; that's kind of input I was looking for. Thank you!

I didn't realize the the rear outlet kit MOVED the ports (which is exactly what I needed to know!)

So, if I wanted to run top n tilt, I'd need a set of valves (spools) with controls for the cylinders -- or use the rear outlet kit and use the loader spool(s) and control(s)? But then I'd have to swap hoses from the loader to the box blade, correct?

I'll definitely get the third spool as I want to have hydraulic control over the rippers in the box blade (and possibly a grapple down the road on the front).

Other uses are a backhoe (hence the PB kit), tiller, rotary mower, & auger at this point. Someday maybe a log splitter and a sprayer might be nice, but that's about it. No need for snow equipment around here! LOL!

Thanks again,

Mark

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options #6  
If you order the 3rd scv I believe you will need the power beyond also. Also the rear outlet kit extends the loader connections to the back by plugging into the loader ports.
I think you would have to remove the loader to disconnect the lift arm hoses otherwise I doubt you would get it re-connected. Just saying your loader disconnects stay where they are and the rear hoses plug in to them the same way your loader hoses do.

Myself and many others have purchased the pb. kit and then an aftermarket spool valve and saved considerable money. There are lots of pictures on the site detailing how people have done this.

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options #7  
On my 2320 I added a 2 spool valve from surplus center inline with my power beyond to get an additional 2 sets of outlets for my snowblower chute / rotation, and top /tilt when I decide to get it. You do not need the power beyond to do this and here are a couple of threads here explaining how to do it. Basically you remove 2 plugs on the loader valve, and connect another valve inline.

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options #8  
I just purchased a 2720 and waiting for it to be delivered. This discussion has been very helpful as there are not a lot of good photos out there describing these features.

I do not have a loader. I will be using a front-mount snow blower which will use all the hydro ports for raise-lower and chute rotation. I would also like to get a hydraulic top link at some point to use with my rear blade. I originally thought I just wanted the rear ports but it sounds like a better way to go would be the 3rd SCV, albeit at more cost.

Obviously I would like to have the hydraulic top link in addition to the blower/chite control but I have to decide if it is worth the extra cost.

/ 2720 Hydraulic Options #9  

It consists of 4 hoses that plug into the mid position and go to the rear outlets.. If you wanted to run the loader, you just unplug the rear kit and plug the loader into the mid ports.. The rear outlet kit hoses stay with the tractor, just tie them up under the tractor.