Ordered a 5045E

/ Ordered a 5045E #1  

vtsnowedin

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 5045E
:D Well I moved off the fence and ordered a 5045E with a 553 loader with the third function plumbing. Got it with a brushhog and set up as wide in the rear as possible. They say they can have it for me by late June. Round figures it was 30K and zero percent. I better not quit my day job. :cool:

/ Ordered a 5045E #2  
:D Well I moved off the fence and ordered a 5045E with a 553 loader with the third function plumbing. Got it with a brushhog and set up as wide in the rear as possible. They say they can have it for me by late June. Round figures it was 30K and zero percent. I better not quit my day job. :cool:

Congrats on your new tractor! :thumbsup: Lookin' forward to seeing your pics, too.

(Serious downside to owning a tractor, though... When you're out there mowin' or movin' dirt - it'll sure make you wanna quit that day job!! :D)

AKfish

/ Ordered a 5045E #3  
enjoy your new tractor.

/ Ordered a 5045E
(Serious downside to owning a tractor, though... When you're out there mowin' or movin' dirt - it'll sure make you wanna quit that day job!! :D)

AKfish
Well I'm already retired but working. The day the last payment goes in the mail it will be real hard to go to work and I'll want to RETIRE -retire, but there will probably be some extra special attacement or tow behind equipment that will keep my nose to the grindstone a bit further. At least now I know what I'm working for.:laughing:

/ Ordered a 5045E #6  
30K??!! wow, sounds high for a 45hp......congrats.......

/ Ordered a 5045E #7  

Late JUNE!!!!:eek::shocked::eek: I'd be a basket case by then, not having been able to sleep a minute waiting and all.

Congratulations and good luck sleeping.

/ Ordered a 5045E
Well both Blue and Orange bid higher for machines that were as close to apples to apples as I could get. Also I specified this machine out with all the extra hydraulics I could get and the full set of little extras your going to want in the end any way short of a cab. Things like a block heater. rear work light, hood and brush guard all add up. Discount on the tractor was $3900. and on the loader $1200 and on the rotary cutter $419. The zero percent interest saves another $3300. I'm sure someone will chime in that they got a much better deal from their favorite dealer and maybe they did but I think this one is a very fair and competative deal and I am satisfied with it.
Now before winter I'm going to need a set of snaggle toothed chains and a soft cab and a barn to store all this stuff in the dry, And A 8 1/2 foot quick attach snow plow, and Aaaaah,XXX##@ And aaaahhh. :YYY*&&^Z confused2:

/ Ordered a 5045E #9  

actually that's not a bad price for all that he got. could it have been better? maybe. but he surely didn't get taken to the cleaners by any means.

/ Ordered a 5045E
Late JUNE!!!!:eek::shocked::eek: I'd be a basket case by then, not having been able to sleep a minute waiting and all.

Congratulations and good luck sleeping.
It's been fifteen years sense my last tractor (880 David Brown) blew a head gasket and went down the road. The brush on my land shows it. I have thirty foot poplar trees on land I once grew corn on. The 5045E will have work to do when it gets here and the chain saw but I have the rest of my life to "Get -__er Done" Trouble is every shift at work I think of a new project that will be possible once she is here if I can buy the other materials needed. By June I'll have two decades of " home work" ahead of me. :thumbsup: