Regret buying a JD 5055E?

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #11  
I ordered a 5075E new from my dealer a couple of weeks ago. I ordered it with the new Power Reverser transmission package. It came in on Friday so I went out to look at it on Saturday. (a few pics here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/291299-new-john-deere-5075e-open.html)

I'm upgrading from a 2007 5103 2wd that is about as basic of a 50hp tractor as you can get, so I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the 5075E.

Granted, I did get the package with the PR, 540E PTO and the digital dash with ground speed indicator, MFWD indicator, etc. ($2100 extra. Seems like a really good value to me) I also noticed they put a rear light on the ROPS for hooking up or operating the machine in the dark. :thumbsup:

The new 5075E seemed a lot heavier in build quality on both tractor and 553 loader to me.

Hopefully your new 5075E serves you well.

BTW, how much of a price difference did you have to pay the dealer for the 5075 - if you don't mind me asking?

I priced out a 5065E with my dealer with the same options as the 5075E I bought, and the 5075 was only $370 more! It was a no brainer for me.

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #12  
Every non-green dealer will bash a John Deere product, they are trying to sell their inferior product which just won't sell!!

I recently looked at the 5E series and I was not overly impressed with the fit and finish of the machine. However, that IS why it is the Economy line of the 5 series. Step up to the 5M and it is an entirely new world. The 5M machines are extremely impressive, and build quality is top notch. I would opt for the little extra money and get the 5M tractor over the 5E any day of the week.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or what but I wouldn't go so far as to say non-Green tractors are inferior. I think it's the sign of pi$$ poor salesmanship to bash anothers product to try and sell their equipment. Our nearby Kubota dealer has sold cab Kubota he had in stock a month ago and he had quite a few. Product is purchased here based on what it will do not what color it is.