Regret buying a JD 5055E?

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #1  

Surgeon

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1428
Anyone regret buying their JD 5055E (or 5065E or 5075E)? Anyone have maintenance issues or cold start issues?

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #2  
What do you mean "maintenance issues"?

AKfish

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E?
Inadequately lubricated front end, leaks, easily damaged driveline, problems with the PTO lever are all things that non-green sales's guys have hinted at. I have never seen a post complaining of problems but figured I would ask.

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #4  
Inadequately lubricated front end, leaks, easily damaged driveline, problems with the PTO lever are all things that non-green sales's guys have hinted at. I have never seen a post complaining of problems but figured I would ask.

Hmm... can't say that I've seen those problems discussed here. At least, with any frequency.

The driveline configuration on the green tractor's looks very similar to some of the NH models. Almost a standard alignment.

My guess is.. a salesman someplace is workin' real "hard" to make a sale!

AKfish

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E?
Kind of what I thought too. Thanks!

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #6  
I know this is an old thread but here is my experience: I regret selling my 5055E. It was a great tractor but I let resale value talk me out of it. I bought a 5065E last week and it was a turd. Got it home and immediately started having issues with the starter and steering.
After 2 service calls, no fixes and a grand total of 30 minutes on the tractor, my dealer swapped out the 5065E for a new 5075E ( I paid the difference in cost but dealer gave me full credit for the 5065e). Let's hope the 75 is like the old 55 I had. I am not real impressed with the finish quality on these tractors now. Alot of rust and thin, crappy paint on the cast iron and fenders. These were the open station, gear tractors.

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #7  

We hear stuff like that from nearly every non-Green dealer.

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #8  
Every non-green dealer will bash a John Deere product, they are trying to sell their inferior product which just won't sell!!

I recently looked at the 5E series and I was not overly impressed with the fit and finish of the machine. However, that IS why it is the Economy line of the 5 series. Step up to the 5M and it is an entirely new world. The 5M machines are extremely impressive, and build quality is top notch. I would opt for the little extra money and get the 5M tractor over the 5E any day of the week.

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #9  
Have spent many hours on a JD 5105, JD 5205 and my current JD 5303. I believe the current E series is the replacement for these models. I have experienced no lack of quality issues. I debated over the E versus M issue and am satisfied that the E models are more advanced than the old units I was used to operating, utilize basic simple technology and were more than adequate for my part time needs.

/ Regret buying a JD 5055E? #10  
I just got my 5093e and I have to say it seems real good. Little things are not quite as nice as my old 5525 but in some cases it is nicer.

Overall - it seems like a good value considering I paid just a tad more for this 5093e than my 5525 and that was 8 years ago.

D.